Amon Recovery

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I decided to switch from Clockwork Mod to the other type i think its called Amon...its the one with the HTC logo in recovery..my question for you experts is that how do I perfom a rom back up? Do i still do this through Rom Manager? I went to Amon recovery through Rom Manager so will this work? Please help.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I decided to switch from Clockwork Mod to the other type i think its called Amon...its the one with the HTC logo in recovery..my question for you experts is that how do I perfom a rom back up? Do i still do this through Rom Manager? I went to Amon recovery through Rom Manager so will this work? Please help.

I don't use rom manager as I do everything manually, but when you have rom manager open does it give you the option to backup? I heard some say the new amon might work with it or vise versa. As the last time I used rom manager you could flash amon ra but couldn't use rom manager. Things might have changed.

If not then you will have to go into recovery and do it there. check backup/restore -> nandroid backup.

Hopefully someone that uses rom manager on a daily basis can enlighten the subject a little more. :)

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I did that... went into recovery-backup/restore-perform Nandroid backup..then when i went into restore just to double check... it had some weird name ofr it, I though it would be by date..but instead its like some mlpl45620...is this right?

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can only use ROM manager if you have clockworkmod installed. So like the above poster said you would have to do it manually.

If I were you I would get used to doing things this way so if you run into a problem, like a bootloop, you will not be completely lost because you can't get into the ROM and use ROM manager.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When you check restore you will see some letters and numbers, that is the Device-ID. Check it and you'll see your backup which will look like (depending which version you have it might be a little different for the first set of letters that I have notice) BDS-(date of backup)-(4 numbers). My last one, which was yesterday, looks like BDS-20110303-0226

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad you mention that. I forgot to include it :)

Sorry ...I am a little confused... whichg one is the one with the HTC logo? is it Ra? or Amon? I am aware that all my backups that i di with CW will be lost with the new onme ( no biggie ) but I guess that by doing a Nandroid backup I should be good to go.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry ...I am a little confused... whichg one is the one with the HTC logo? is it Ra? or Amon? I am aware that all my backups that i di with CW will be lost with the new onme ( no biggie ) but I guess that by doing a Nandroid backup I should be good to go.

Its the same. Its called Amon RA but on the phone it shows RA-supersonic-v2.3 or whatever version you have.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah when u go to retore in your recover a file will pop-up....click on that...then u will see the other ones listed with dates.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly