An update for Sense can't come fast enough

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Seriously this thing is buggy as hell and missing a lot of simple features (disabling blinkfeed being the primary one). There are many other minor gripes and a few major ones as well.

Zoes and the highlight reel are so buggy right now that its not even worth using them in their current state. Not to mention the gallery is a complete unorganized mess.

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just not sure where you are seeing all of these problems... Or maybe I just have a different build? Zoeies and the highlight reel function have been awesome for me so far - the first one we saw that it built for my sons cub scout outing this afternoon was so moving it had my wife tearing up almost. Brilliant software!

And you choose a different panel for home screen and pretend blinkered is not there, so not sure why that is so horrible for you.

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Seriously this thing is buggy as hell and missing a lot of simple features (disabling blinkfeed being the primary one). There are many other minor gripes and a few major ones as well.

Zoes and the highlight reel are so buggy right now that its not even worth using them in their current state. Not to mention the gallery is a complete unorganized mess.

Yeah, I don't get what you are saying about zoes and highlights. I think they rock so hard that you must be a troll.

Gallery is a bit confusing but I am starting to learn my way around it now. Could be better.

But seriously? Zoes and highlights take this thing to a different level than anything I have seen.

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I haven't used all the features, but it's surely true that all the pix from my old phone - ridiculous number, mostly bookmark screenshots or Website images I guess? are mixed in with my 'real' photos. Ridiculous what the machine at AT&T brought over;-/ But I DO like BlinkFeed, and... well, nothing's perfect.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The Zoes have worked flawlessly for me. Really, really cool.

With a name like cyanogen it's not that surprising you don't like a manufacturer skin.

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The Zoe features like object removal and always smiling are just terrible and never work properly. Also try making a highlight reel with just a selection of pictures from a day, it doesn't work properly and always picks 13 random pictures even if you try to use less.

Blinkfeed isn't too buggy but it just isn't fully featured enough for me to want to use it. Flipboard is better in every way. The whole point of android is that if you don't like something about it there is a way to either get rid of it or change it. If I just wanted to use crappy stock applications without ever having to think about setting anything up differently I would be using an iphone right now.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The Zoe features like object removal and always smiling are just terrible and never work properly. Also try making a highlight reel with just a selection of pictures from a day, it doesn't work properly and always picks 13 random pictures even if you try to use less.

Blinkfeed isn't too buggy but it just isn't fully featured enough for me to want to use it. Flipboard is better in every way. The whole point of android is that if you don't like something about it there is a way to either get rid of it or change it. If I just wanted to use crappy stock applications without ever having to think about setting anything up differently I would be using an iphone right now.

Zoes work well for me, and the stock apps are anything but crappy.

Sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

Roy Nicholas

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm with you on the zoe where I can't choose which pictures I want in the highlight reel. So usually I'll just make a separate "event" for the pictures I do want...but yes it's still a burden.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Care to elaborate? I'm not seeing any bugs here. Blinkfeed can't be disabled - that's a well known fact. You can choose a different screen as your home screen, though. Zoe works perfectly fine and so does the gallery. If you don't like the way android displays your pictures, just get a different app. There are plenty in the play store.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a big fuss over nothing. You've had the phone for what, half a day?

The only specific thing you mentioned that is verifiable is not being able to disable Blinkfeed.

Annoying, but a launcher is an option.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka