And people thought there was going to be an LTE nexus 4

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well the rumours weren't far off with speculation of a quad core, 2gb ram, lte mobile being sold one play - it just wasn't the nexus 4 it was the S4.
4 is the common number here. Anyways, How are you all thinking people will enjoy this? more, less? did anyone really put a stock rom on the s4 already? if so who did?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well the rumours weren't far off with speculation of a quad core, 2gb ram, lte mobile being sold one play - it just wasn't the nexus 4 it was the S4.
4 is the common number here. Anyways, How are you all thinking people will enjoy this? more, less? did anyone really put a stock rom on the s4 already? if so who did?

I woulg get this if I didn't have a Nexus 4 and if I had money(I only buy two unlocked phones every year, this year it was the iPhone 5 and Nexus 4)
Oh and if it was available in my country(though I could have it imported)

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
lol, looks like the LTE Nexus model will have to be a significant improvement over this current generation of phones. If they release Nexus 4 LTE, it has to be a hefty discount to the S4 Google Edition, which I guess you can do if you really manage costs of enabling the LTE radio in the Nexus 4.

On a similar note, when T Mobile was launching their LTE coverage, Samsung passed the Galaxy S3 LTE though FCC, so it has been done before (release LTE-enabled phones of the same model). To date, S3LTE is still not on sale, I think they're waiting for the S4's hoopla to end before releasing this to T Mobile customers.

So I gues you can always keep hope alive for the Nexus 4 LTE, but it might not make sense to develop and release it depending on what the product lifecycle and lineup is for the Nexus phones in the next year to year and a half.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
lol, looks like the LTE Nexus model will have to be a significant improvement over this current generation of phones. If they release Nexus 4 LTE, it has to be a hefty discount to the S4 Google Edition, which I guess you can do if you really manage costs of enabling the LTE radio in the Nexus 4.

On a similar note, when T Mobile was launching their LTE coverage, Samsung passed the Galaxy S3 LTE though FCC, so it has been done before (release LTE-enabled phones of the same model). To date, S3LTE is still not on sale, I think they're waiting for the S4's hoopla to end before releasing this to T Mobile customers.

So I gues you can always keep hope alive for the Nexus 4 LTE, but it might not make sense to develop and release it depending on what the product lifecycle and lineup is for the Nexus phones in the next year to year and a half.
The LTE Nexus 4, if it ever comes, won't cost too much extra. The regular Nexus already has the radios for LTE, its just missing some other pieces. Since its a twin of the Optimus G, adding those pieces back in wouldn't add too much cost at all, and the rest of the phone is already paid for. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 32GB LTE Nexus 4 coming in at between $349 and $399.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The LTE Nexus 4, if it ever comes, won't cost too much extra. The regular Nexus already has the radios for LTE, its just missing some other pieces. Since its a twin of the Optimus G, adding those pieces back in wouldn't add too much cost at all, and the rest of the phone is already paid for. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 32GB LTE Nexus 4 coming in at between $349 and $399.

Did you see this thread posted by Nasko on 5/12/2013 in the Google 4 Forum, "The real reason why the current Nexus 4 will never get LTE." I don't think we're suppose to post links to other threads (maybe not but that's what I heard) so that is why I didn't paste the URL but you can just search for it. He or She seemed to know what they were talking about and suggested that a Nexus 4 LTE price point will start at $400.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you see this thread posted by Nasko on 5/12/2013 in the Google 4 Forum, "The real reason why the current Nexus 4 will never get LTE." I don't think we're suppose to post links to other threads (maybe not but that's what I heard) so that is why I didn't paste the URL but you can just search for it. He or She seemed to know what they were talking about and suggested that a Nexus 4 LTE price point will start at $400.

It may. But given googles history, and the fact that the cost for added LTE has already been amortized across all of the Optimus G devices, I don't believe it would cost that much.

Just look at the Nexus 7 as a guide; when they added a cellular equipped device, it wasn't significantly more expensive. (And that was without it having the luxury of being part of a larger family. )

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2