Andriod Q Beta Starting

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking. Liking it. My Chase app doesn't work but I can easily access from Chrome so no biggie. Everything else app wise works fine as far as I can tell so far.
I do wish we could change icons more and was hoping for that option. Mainly interested in shading the stark white background colors. I've tried almost every launcher in the store at one time or another and decided stock is what I prefer. Is there no way to use an icon pack with the stock launcher?

I reported Chase and Firefox. Both crash after launch

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Ok, Q is working wonderfully on my Pixel 2XL, but the only thing I'm hating on right now and I had it after the March update with Pie. It doesn't matter if I raise to wake or double tap to check notifications my damn pin key pad is always on my lock screen when I wake the phone. Then I have to hit the back button to exit out of the pin pad just to interact with my notifications. Have any of you had this issue or would know how to fix it?

Here is screen shot that I have every time I wake the phone. Please help!!
d4d177181d4ede4da3cde660bb5749d8.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Ok, Q is working wonderfully on my Pixel 2XL, but the only thing I'm hating on right now and I had it after the March update with Pie. It doesn't matter if I raise to wake or double tap to check notifications my damn pin key pad is always on my lock screen when I wake the phone. Then I have to hit the back button to exit out of the pin pad just to interact with my notifications. Have any of you had this issue or would know how to fix it?

Here is screen shot that I have every time I wake the phone. Please help!! //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190315/d4d177181d4ede4da3cde660bb5749d8.jpg
That's annoying. I don't have this issue.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just found at the bottom of developer options you can change some color options in the theme and also the font. I really like the serif option.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just found at the bottom of developer options you can change some color options in the theme and also the font. I really like the serif option.
! Google now letting us do some custom coloring in the system! That's about time! That and custom I icon shapes on the desktop.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
! Google now letting us do some custom coloring in the system! That's about time! That and custom I icon shapes on the desktop.
I already was able to change icons shapes through Nova. But it's nice that it's an option for everyone without a non Google launcher.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Could someone verify that there is no longer a call blocking feature under settings in the Google phone app? Unless it's just my phone, it looks like the option is gone in Q Beta 1.

Yep, appears to be MIA in this beta. I'm using Hiya for now. Works pretty good.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Ok, Q is working wonderfully on my Pixel 2XL, but the only thing I'm hating on right now and I had it after the March update with Pie. It doesn't matter if I raise to wake or double tap to check notifications my damn pin key pad is always on my lock screen when I wake the phone.
The March update may not be the culprit; it could be an app that's causing problems. Years ago, the Clean Master app was causing junk like this on Samsung phones.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just tried changing up a setting and Android auto on my pixel direction with Android Q. Android auto still crashing. I might have to contact Google to see what's going on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I just tried changing up a setting and Android auto on my pixel direction with Android Q. Android auto still crashing. I might have to contact Google to see what's going on.

Don't take this the wrong way but Google support isn't going to help you much with a beta release. They probably know less about it than you do. That's what the feedback system is for.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
After a day of sending feedback to Google they let me opt in to Android Q beta. So far, it's a blast. Google Photos is a mess but Snapseed interacts much better with Android Q than with Android P or Chrome OS 73.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After a day of sending feedback to Google they let me opt in to Android Q beta. So far, it's a blast. Google Photos is a mess but Snapseed interacts much better with Android Q than with Android P or Chrome OS 73.

Awesome, glad you got in

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Thought I noticed a bug but turns out my "Trusted Places" setting actually works now. Was hit/miss on Pie. Works every time now. Was wondering why every time I wake the phone I'd see the home screen rather than the lock screen.
Working as it should now. Sweet and another plus for Q.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos