Android 1.0 driver problem? Check here.

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Whats up guys, hope everyone is enjoying their gnex as much as me.

I just wanted to share some info on what I found to be a very frustrating problem when rooting the gnex, the android 1.0 driver. Not everyone but a lot of people have been stuck at the step when you do fastboot-windows oem unlock/fastboot oem unlock and it says "waiting for device" at which point your computer is trying to install the android 1.0 drivers which it cannot find.

Solution:

Download: PdaNet

Once downloaded, install the software. When thats done go into control pannel>hardware and sound>device manager and look for the android 1.0 driver with the yellow exclamation point. Right click and hit 'update drivers'. Browse your computer manually instead of having it search for you. Then enter this path. c:/program files (x86)/PdaNet for Android/usbwin. You'll get a security warning, but install anyways. Once this is done, you're good to go.

I just wanted to share because I spent 5 plus hrs (embarrassing, I know) trying to figure out how to get the driver to install.

TRZ06

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same issue as well, and resolved it by updating the driver with the ADB Bootloader Interface driver from the driver folder in the SDK.(can't remember the path offhand)

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes! This is a pain in the a$$ everyone faces. I had to reinstall the driver even after flashing my previous GNEX. I had an insurance replacement and met the same issue again when unlocking the second time.

The drivers must be installed via the computer device manager and then going through the folders in SDK for the driver file. "ADB bootloader interface" is the file. If you search on the XDA site there is a step by step procedure but you have to follow it to a tee or it will not work.

UGH!

wise04

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude!!!! Thank you very much this was very helpful!!
btw, I have a hugeee problem an im kida new on this, I accidentally bricked my evo 3d i have a hboot 1.50 s-on and it says unlocked.. its looping, it never passes the HTC screem..
I need help Thank you guys!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish