Android 10

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Yes we will and from what I have seen aside from the optional gesture based navigation there are a host of "security" features that are an improvement such as controlling the apps that have access to your location. Focus mode seems like a win for me. I am just not holding my breath for the update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Almost all updates (even monthly ones for the same version) contain security updates. 10 doesn't seem to be any major update over Pie from a use viewpoint, though, just same old same old, but done a little differently.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'll be shocked if AT&T pushes out Android 10 to the Note 9. New phones usually get 1 major update and then just security updates monthly...well sometimes monthly anyway. LOL. This model is already a year old so who knows how much longer they'll keep pushing them. I have no experience with other carriers so best of luck to you all.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Andriod 10 is just pie with some tweaks
Note 9 is getting 10 and I'm not upgrading my note 9 neither

If you don't update to Android 10 does that imply you'll also stop installing available monthly security patches? I'm assuming that any attempt to install a patch would also result in in the newer Android OS being installed. Quite frankly, I'm content with Android Pie.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If you don't update to Android 10 does that imply you'll also stop installing available monthly security patches? I'm assuming that any attempt to install a patch would also result in in the newer Android OS being installed. Quite frankly, I'm content with Android Pie.

This is how I was with Oreo. Moving to Pie would have messed up some app that weren't compatible with Pie at the time. When I finally updated to Pie, all the updates were piled up and installed one right after the other. There was about 4 or 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7