Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 series.

sabersoul

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got any insider info on when this will come to the OnePlus 8 5G UW on Verizon? Or if the manual flash method on the OnePlus forum will work for it?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Why not just install Oxygen Updater from the Play Store and let it tell you if there's an update available for your phone. It is a great app and does the job wonderfully. Also, when an update is released you will get it on day one, two, or maybe even three...but it is much faster than waiting until week three for the update.

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Why not just install Oxygen Updater from the Play Store and let it tell you if there's an update available for your phone. It is a great app and does the job wonderfully. Also, when an update is released you will get it on day one, two, or maybe even three...but it is much faster than waiting until week three for the update.

Good idea, but mostly worthless for US carriers that lock updates to only come from them.

Screenshot_20201028-130453.jpg

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's another discussion altogether...but I will say that I have not purchased a phone from a carrier in a llllooooooonnnnnngggggggg time, and never will! So, there you go!

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Once you put a T-Mobile SIM in a phone, from carrier or not, updates become locked to them.

Well, that's another discussion altogether...but I will say that I have not purchased a phone from a carrier in a llllooooooonnnnnngggggggg time, and never will! So, there you go!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Global One plus phones it doesn't matter what sim in the phone they get global roll-out.
When I was on Tmobile firmware on my 1+7P it was very slow on updates, I converted to global firmware was happy plus got dual sim after purchased the dual sim tray .

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You're right..I too have the 1+7P currently still but today imma upgrade to the 8T on T-Mobile...the updates was lacking on the 7P, I never knew how to update it to the global version (not a tech guy lol) currently running on Android 10 with Oct security patch

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just hope it doesn't break Android Auto. I bought the radio in my truck specifically for that, and I'm always reading reports of updates breaking it in various ways.