Android 11 screenshots

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If your not enrolled try it , otherwise I would recommend factory reset
Considering all the issues he has been having and changes to settings that might have been made I agree with the factory reset. I know it can be a real pain in the tush but it's worth the effort to start with a clean slate.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Considering all the issues he has been having and changes to settings that might have been made I agree with the factory reset. I know it can be a real pain in the tush but it's worth the effort to start with a clean slate.
I agree, sometimes things can stick from previous OS version and this is needed , other troubleshooting methods been tried and not resolved.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, sometimes things can stick from previous OS version and this is needed , other troubleshooting methods been tried and not resolved.
Yeah, the stuck stuff happens a a lot with an update. Definitely back up photos, etc but do not do a restore data and any apps. Just start fresh and clean.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Iin view of all the problems this upgrade has caused, I'm not going to bother trying anymore to fix the TAKE A SCREENSHOT problem. There are other ways to accomplish that function. It's a nice function but I can live without it.
Thanks to all of you who tried to help me solve this problem.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Iin view of all the problems this upgrade has caused, I'm not going to bother trying anymore to fix the TAKE A SCREENSHOT problem. There are other ways to accomplish that function. It's a nice function but I can live without it.
The first sentence of your above post definitely indicates you might be well served by a factory reset (and update) to a clean start. I would if I had your phone issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, it's a bug with the 2-button navigation system and the screenshot shortcut is not showing. If you change to 3-button or gesture navigation, it should show up. Can you try that?

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site

This should work. Tried on my Pixel 3 just now and confirmed I can now screenshot using assistant.

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9402361?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en&oco=0

For me, I just turned on the "use screen context" which is step 2.

However, I do find some issues with this method:
1. When using squeeze to bring up assistant, it works.
2. When bringing up assistant by swiping on corners, it works.
3. When pressing the assistant button, it still can't take a screenshot. Lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274