Android 12 beta now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My Camera isn't updated to the version he has in the video so Time Lapse setting isn't available.

Ah, okay got you. Now there's mine I don't think and my Gboard still doesn't have material you theming. That's going to look really awesome when we get it! I tried to silo the APK file for the G board update, but it's a server side Google flip it a switch.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
A small bug with the screen brightness slider.
I was going out so I moved the slider to the far right for max brightness. When I got back home I slid the notification shade down to move the slider back to its usual dim setting. The slider was now to the far left but the screen was still bright. No matter the slider setting when the screen times out and I tap it open the slider is back to the far left.
It's just a small thing, doesn't even rate as a minor annoyence. However sometimes these bugs can be interrelated. I'll report this as well.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
My Camera isn't updated to the version he has in the video so Time Lapse setting isn't available.
Time Lapse for Astrophotography - Hands On - June 2021 Feature Drop for ... https://t.co/yrzpHO1sty via @youTube

So to get this feature you have to download the Camera update APK and install it.
After watching the video I can't say I'm impressed with the 1 second long time lapse feature.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Time Lapse for Astrophotography - Hands On - June 2021 Feature Drop for ... https://t.co/yrzpHO1sty via @youTube

So to get this feature you have to download the Camera update APK and install it.
After watching the video I can't say I'm impressed with the 1 second long time lapse feature.

mhmm, that's a very interesting video.. Thanks for posting! Time Lapse photography might not be all it's cracked up to be after all...

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok, Listen, I understand that I may be in the minority here, however, I don't exactly miss these Screen On Time stats. Not seeing them makes me slightly less uptight/anal about my battery life. If that even makes sense to everyone else here. lol.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...ears-from-battery-panel-in-android-12-beta-1/
I like SoT but I also like the 24 hour stats as well. I hope for both. It will make for informative comparisons, at least for some people. I'm more interested in how much juice each app uses between charges. I can maybe make adjustments to the worst offender.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I like SoT but I also like the 24 hour stats as well. I hope for both. It will make for informative comparisons, at least for some people. I'm more interested in how much juice each app uses between charges. I can maybe make adjustments to the worst offender.

Exactly! I enjoy just seeing a constant running tally so-to-speak of our battery life over 24-hour period. It's a different, but very nice and welcomed change. At least for me.

By the way, is you battery lasting longer in Beta 2 vs Beta 1? I'm just curious? Mine is pretty damn good!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

My view exactly. Now using an app called battery monitor to give me that info

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.batterymonitor
ba29377d8d68afba9670e298a3b2e8cb.jpg
820255e4d8946f80ed52162fd433bfff.jpg

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Exactly! I enjoy just seeing a constant running tally so-to-speak of our battery life over 24-hour period. It's a different, but very nice and welcomed change. At least for me.

By the way, is you battery lasting longer in Beta 2 vs Beta 1? I'm just curious? Mine is pretty damn good!
In general I have my suspicions of shorter battery life on Beta 2. With that I think I do have more features turn on, along with using my phone more over the weekend than I do during the week. So I'm reserving ultimate judgement until the end of the week.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In general I have my suspicions of shorter battery life on Beta 2. With that I think I do have more features turn on, along with using my phone more over the weekend than I do during the week. So I'm reserving ultimate judgement until the end of the week.

Cool, sounds good.. Fair enough. Maybe it's just an app i deleted off my phone ( the official Reddit app. I'm using the website version), but my battery seems to be draining a little slower now.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Cool, sounds good.. Fair enough. Maybe it's just an app i deleted off my phone ( the official Reddit app. I'm using the website version), but my battery seems to be draining a little slower now.
Ironically I just added the Reddit app a couple of days ago. Maybe that could be part of the issue. Haven't used it much though.
As long as app usage since last charge is displayed I'm good with other stat changes.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ironically I just added the Reddit app a couple of days ago. Maybe that could be part of the issue. Haven't used it much though.
As long as app usage since last charge is displayed I'm good with other stat changes.

It's really weird to me, because someone on Reddit was saying that if you're totally set up on using the "official" Reddit app, that it drains much more battery than all of the other 3rd party apps for some reason. Then I just deleted the app, and logged in from Chrome, and have it saved as a shortcut to my homescreen. It's almost the exact same thing.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It's really weird to me, because someone on Reddit was saying that if you're totally set up on using the "official" Reddit app, that it drains much more battery than all of the other 3rd party apps for some reason. Then I just deleted the app, and logged in from Chrome, and have it saved as a shortcut to my homescreen. It's almost the exact same thing.
I'll have to check my background settings for the app.
I kind of expect a bit more battery drain with new Betas or updates with new features since I spend more time to explore and play with those features.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My battery life has halved from 2 days to 1 day (24 hours) on beta 2. I did get 6 hours SoT yesterday, but I was getting 8 hours and a day and a half on Android 11. I expected battery to take a hit and it actually seems worse since I reset my phone. Dunno if it takes a few days After a reset for the battery to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.