Android auto connection issues

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
so, I've been noticing for the past few weeks in my 2018 Accord sport that when I plug my Pixel 3 XL in via USB Type-C to my car for Android Auto, the initial connection takes at least five tries sometimes even more sometimes which is getting very annoying and frustrating. Ever since I updated to Android auto 5.7, issue seems to be gone from Google. I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this but damn... Just wanted to let everyone know about this.

8891a2255873f5dc8c2d7f283820869f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: Made a slight edit to your post. I only added a couple of return lines after the last sentence so the image wasn't breaking up text. Hope you don't mind?

As for the issue, have you tried clearing the cache for the Android Auto app?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mod note: Made a slight edit to your post. I only added a couple of return lines after the last sentence so the image wasn't breaking up text. Hope you don't mind?

As for the issue, have you tried clearing the cache for the Android Auto app?
Hey thanks for the update! It's all good... yeah I tried clearing cash and cookies before the app was updated on my phone. I mean when I would get into my car and plug it in sometimes my phone would connect successfully to Android Auto in my car but most of the times it took almost 10 tries to connect successfully which gets really annoying. Especially when you want to just enjoy your driving go to work or go somewhere if you know what I mean! So far, it seems that on the first connection try, Android Auto is connecting successfully finally.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the update! It's all good... yeah I tried clearing cash and cookies before the app was updated on my phone. I mean when I would get into my car and plug it in sometimes my phone would connect successfully to Android Auto in my car but most of the times it took almost 10 tries to connect successfully which gets really annoying. Especially when you want to just enjoy your driving go to work or go somewhere if you know what I mean! So far, it seems that on the first connection try, Android Auto is connecting successfully finally.

The only issue I have had with Android Auto is Assistant doesn't always give me a synopsis of my route when I first plug it in. Not really a deal breaker, but can be annoying.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have had with Android Auto is Assistant doesn't always give me a synopsis of my route when I first plug it in. Not really a deal breaker, but can be annoying.
It's interesting you say that because when Android Auto auto loads Google maps when I first plug in my phone and it will tell me how my route home from work is, I don't always need to know that right away if you know what I mean. Haha that's not a deal breaking from my other, but for the most part Android Auto is pretty seamless for me. I will say that with the latest major update, when you say the Google catchphrase and your messaging someone, it's really nice to see The visual text that you're speaking into Google Assistant so that it's correct so you don't always have to rehear it if you know what I mean!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting you say that because when Android Auto auto loads Google maps when I first plug in my phone and it will tell me how my route home from work is, I don't always need to know that right away if you know what I mean. Haha that's not a deal breaking from my other, but for the most part Android Auto is pretty seamless for me. I will say that with the latest major update, when you say the Google catchphrase and your messaging someone, it's really nice to see The visual text that you're speaking into Google Assistant so that it's correct so you don't always have to rehear it if you know what I mean!

I get you. I should really start plugging my phone in for my way home. The night before last, one of the exits I had to take was closed and the DOT forgot one minor detail: informing drivers. There was no sign posted prior. Ugh.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I get you. I should really start plugging my phone in for my way home. The night before last, one of the exits I had to take was closed and the DOT forgot one minor detail: informing drivers. There was no sign posted prior. Ugh.
Oh damn I'm so sorry to hear that. yeah, whenever I get into my car, I always plug my phone in for Android Auto. Besides I listen to my Spotify playlist whenever I'm in my car. The other really nice thing about Android Auto now with an update a couple weeks ago is the fact that we have calendar integration again finally. Just like we did before Android Auto got overhauled last year. So if you put a location in for a calendar entry, you can directly navigate from that calendar entry into Google maps which is really sweet! A lot of users were complaining about that to Google which I understood.