Android Central Photo Contest: Festive

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Each night of Channukah, I've been enjoying the juxtaposition of our Channukah candles with the Christmas lights and decorations of our neighbors across the street. If you look closely, you can see an inflatable Santa waving in the background! It's hard for me to think of a more festive scene than this. Shot with a Moto X Pure Edition, and edited in Google Photos.IMG_20151213_174728225.jpg

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Frost Nexus 6P with stock camera and no edits.
An hour bus ride from a Disney hotel nearby and packed Hollywood Studios streets didn't stop us from enjoying the last year of The Osborne Family Spectacle of the Lights!

IMG_20151211_200423.jpg

Last edited:

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was in Luzern Switzerland last week and they to Christmas pretty big over there. This is a shot of the hotel I stayed at, I love the multi-color windows. This was taking with a Nexus 6P and edited in Snapseed.

ACFestive.jpg

LordArgyris

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
IMG_20151214_160258.jpg

Maizy & Glowing Glass Marbles
Taken with my Nexus 5X

I got these lights just today--they're essentially cracked glass marbles with LEDs stuck inside. I set them on the bed to take a picture and noticed my cat Maizy was there, so I figured I'd take a picture of both. I prioritized the exposure on Maizy, resulting in the interesting blown out effect on the lights.

Lately, I've been thinking about how the holidays used to be a magical time when I was younger. And when I got right down to it, it had nothing to do with the decorations themselves, but what they represented: a certain sense of wonder and curiosity. Maizy, who was initially quite interested in this new object I had placed in front of her, reminded me of that feeling. But notice her expression: she's already gotten used to the lights and is simply staring serenely off to the side. This represents how I feel these days: I still enjoy the holidays, but the luster seems to have worn off just a bit from when I was younger.

Now look at the lights. When I was growing up, my family had many different decorations that came and went. The neighborhood dressed itself up in whatever styles were in fashion. When LED lights became affordable, we all switched over, then reminisced about how the old lights might have faded and wore out quickly, but they had their own distinct charm nonetheless. Years of this have jumbled themselves up in my head until all I really see when I look back on it are suggestions of colors, lights and shapes. If you look closely into Maizy's eyes, you'll see a reflection of the lights--deep down, the magic still glows, indistinct and colorful, as good a depiction of nostalgia as I've ever seen.

I apologize for getting so symbolic (and in my first post, no less!), but when I saw this shot I just couldn't resist taking it. Maizy was pretty chill about the whole thing, at any rate.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is a pic of an ornament I took in RAW on my LG V10. Edited in Snapseed. Nothing like Christmas tree ornaments.
d31b1027ce858f739c00778827005b9a.jpg

ga_bor

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Dear All,
there are a lot of lovely pictures in the thread.
Ive just finished the decoration and i took a photo of the lights in the window. This will be our second Christmas together with my beloved girlfriend.
The photo was taken by the stock camera of my Samsung Note 3 and cropped with Snapseed.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Gabor

20151215_180449-01-01.jpg

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I took this in Denver Colorado during our Dia de los Muertos party. Major fire hazard yes, but lots of fun.

Lg G4
Stock App
No edits on this version

20151107_185211.jpg

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that this contest closes in a few hours! As with every year, it's been a busy December. This Christmas is extra special, it's our first Christmas as new parents. We actually started the decorations before December 1st for the first time in years. Anyway, my photo below is taken from within our table center-piece.

I took the photo with my Samsung Galaxy S6 in "pro" mode and decided to do minimal editing using the built-in photo editor. I slightly tweaked the colours for warmth and cropped the photo just barely, in order to meet some basic photography composition rules. (I uploaded here from my PC due to an error when uploading, but absolutely no editing was done outside of my phone).

Merry Christmas to the AC community I hope you all get what you wish for!
BioFanatic

2015-12-15 21.07.20.jpg

Karibou Sky

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Page one tells us that the winners will be announced on the blog with the next contest. I'm new to Android Central, so I don't know the frequency of these contests.

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Looking back at old contests, the pattern I saw was that the winners were posted the day after the contest was over along with the new contest, so I'd hope for something tonight/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali