Android Central Photo Contest: Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-water.jpg

Stream into the ocean. Taken with a Moto X 2014.

This is obviously a very broad prompt for the latest Android Central Photo Contest, but that just gives you even more opportunities to showcase what you can do with your Android camera. We want to see interesting, clever and fun ways to show the word "water," and can't wait to see what you can all come up with.

Two entries will be selected to win this contest, and each will receive a TYLT VU Qi Wireless Charging Car Mount!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (August 11) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
This photo was taken at Marriott hotel in the dead sea back in May of 2013 with my Nexus 4, i used snapseed to edit some colors on the photo.
This water fall goes all the way down to the salty dead sea. As you can see two different colors of water in one photo. in the background behind the sea, you can see Israel. It's an amazing place for meditation!

I my self was very impressed of the quality by the Nexus 4.

IMG_20130506_120836-01.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Brad Boland

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
20150728_235105-Edit-2.jpg

A Cat's View of the Bay
LG G4, 30 seconds, ISO 100, Shot in RAW
Edited in Adobe Lightroom
I was doing a long exposure on a pier at Portersville Bay (not far from Mobile, Alabama) when a cat walked in front and sat there looking out over the bay. He was still enough to be captured (fairly cleanly) in the photo.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Taken with my S6 a few months ago, while at the beach. Love the mist coming from the sea - I found this photo by searching "water" in my Google Photos :)

20150503_194137.jpg

jhotmann

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
2015-02-19.jpg

Was riding my bike home from work at the perfect time. Pulled over and took this shot of Longs Peak over Warren Lake in Fort Collins with my Nexus 6. Edited slightly in the old G+ photo editor.

BEuda

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Took this picture with my Galaxy S6 edge. No special software. Just the standard camera with Auto HDR on.

As some of you know it rained for most of May in Dallas and we had lots of flooding. This is what our usually tiny Trinity River looked like.

No idea who the guy in the photo is. I just got a shot of him getting a shot of the sunset.

Attachments

• 20150529_200148.jpg
    20150529_200148.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 166

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
20150124_172123.jpg

Taken this past January with my Samsung Note 4 on Sprint! Stock Camera in panorama mode @ Trunk Bay on St. John in the US Virgin Islands!

Thanks for the awesome contest Android Central!!!!

Jacob Gagg

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
This was taken on my Note 4 with some mild editing done in Google Photos.
I took this when visiting Lancashire at a place called Gordale Scar.

Posted via the Android Central App

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Living in Florida it's hard to choose just 1 water pic but using search on Google Photos does help :) This one was taken from my kayak using Google Glass. No manual editing.

AC-Water-Glass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.