Android device manager lock - phone won't accept pw! What should I do?

Angie Moser

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Android device manager lock - phone wont accept pw!

On my Galaxy S5 I messed up the pin I thought I originally entered. So I did the Android Device Manager, clicked lock, chose a 4 digit number as the new password and submitted. Then nothing. Did it again this time adding a message and then got the black screen, with the padlock, and Locked by Android Device Manager. There is nowhere to put in the new number except if you hit the back button. I tried the number I chose and it will not unlock. Tried it again and get a message on ADM that says ""Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password that you entered won't be needed. ” Tried to restart and soft reset. Can get incoming calls but nothing else. Then, the black screen just disappeared.

The Samsung tech guy at Best Buy, who kindly sat with me almost 2 hours and an hour past his vacation time, did ADM lock again, with a message. it sent successfully and this time the black screen stayed on and I can now actually get the text pop up when texted and reply or call out from it but still no place to put new pin #, I still have to hit the back button. I’ve tried the new pin at least 500+ times and still nothing happens. He did say after trying so many times a prompt to sign into my google account may appear. Nothing yet. Black screen is still there with his message days later.

Am I supposed to get the black screen to enter a pw on? Is it supposed to be an alpha or numeric pw?

I thought my phone was backing up but its not, If it is I have no clue where to look for anything, and I did not know to set up a Samsung account FROM my phone. My google account 2 step authentication is also disabled so that's probably not why. I did plug it into my laptop but it shows nothing, I don't think it is usb debugged,

I’ve called Samsung, AT&T, had the Samsung tech help me at Best Buy, a rep at AT&T store, called Google 3 times. No one knows anything except to tell me to call eachother have me run in circles and then do the hard reset which I refuse to do. So is this a google issue, android issue or Samsung issue? It seems like a major glitch and I have researched this for days and am far from alone! I am about ready to try and find the tech guys who program ADM, it is NOT WORKING! The one thing that is supposed to save your phone destroys it! I cannot lose my files on my phone due to a pending horrible divorce and custody case and I am frustrated as heck! Someone has to know something, why this is not working. Pretty sad here its been almost a week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick