Android Nougat v7.1.1 Battery Life

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I updated to 7.1.1 yesterday. I noticed my battery life seems to have gotten worse. Before the update I was getting 5-7 SoT. Mostly connected to WiFi with intermittent cellular usage. Always have had good connection. I have continued to have good connection since the update but I noticed that my SoT was about 3.5 hours today which is the worst I have had since getting the device. Has anyone else noticed a difference, good or bad, with the 7.1.1 update?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 7.1.1 yesterday. I noticed my battery life seems to have gotten worse. Before the update I was getting 5-7 SoT. Mostly connected to WiFi with intermittent cellular usage. Always have had good connection. I have continued to have good connection since the update but I noticed that my SoT was about 3.5 hours today which is the worst I have had since getting the device. Has anyone else noticed a difference, good or bad, with the 7.1.1 update?

Mine seems to have gotten a little better. However the most SOT I've ever gotten was around 5.5 hrs.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I'd say let it stabilize for a few days. With all the phones I have owned usually the first few days takes a hit on the battery as everything has to sync again and settle itself in. In my past experiences, the battery has always been at its worst for a few days. Hopefully you will start to see that taper off. Good Luck!

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems to have gotten even better as well. I sideloaded ans have been running the new firmware for a few weeks.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is the same or better. ~2.5-3 days normal usage with ~3.5h-4h SoT over that period.

Heavy usage ~6 hours SoT.

Everything is on including GPS.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've seen android system take over the #1 spot on my battery usage (was always screen before 7.1.1). Too soon to tell if battery life is worse.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

As a general rule, after you update or OS. always give the phone a couple days to "relax" and then test things out. You never know what things its doing in the background after the update. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays