Android pay not working

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Nope. All credit cards

It must be some requirement from the cc company. When I use Pay at Walgreens it defaults to debit, which makes you enter a pin. But if I tap the credit button on the lower left corner of the screen I don't have to put in a pin.

Posted via the Android Central App

playya

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
False statement actually my phone is rooted. I setup Tasker to just have 1 click to disable SuperSU prior to me opening up Android Pay. I have used several times including tonight and it works fine. Just have to make sure the card is fully accepted.

swallowingled

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of setting something like this up, but didn't know if it would actually work for the payment part. I did get my card set up by temporarily unrooting and that worked fine. Are you using something like AutoInput to disable/enable superuser or did you come up with a different solution?

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Here is a new one: Went into local Walgreens today and got an error message on the checkout machine that my card was not supported. I then switched the default card and got the same error message. Weird because I have used Android Pay at that same Walgreens successfully many times and absolutely nothing was changed on my Android Pay setup. Same cards and everything. Thoughts?

JaxDomino

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried at Winn-Dixie and it worked after at least a minute of tapping, swiping my fingerprint and swiping doing my finger print again. It was way more cumbersome than Wallet! I just had to enter my Wallet PIN and it worked after tapping to pay. I tried it this morning at Walgreens and it failed. Said card was not accepted. I was using my AmEx Platinum which IS supported for token based transaction and it my Galaxy Note 5 STOCK, would not work. I had to pull out my card and dip to pay. This is very cumbersome compared to Wallet.

Stake

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Had a problem with Android Pay on my phone but I'm not sure if it's an issue with Samsung Pay being active at the same time. The lights on the NCF reader would only go half way and never continue. Anyone else see this behavior? Samsung Pay works with no issues.

AndroidPay

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I unlocked my phone at Jamaba Juice and put my phone by the pay symbol. Nothing happened. I do have a default card all set up. Any thoughts?

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I unlocked my phone at Jamaba Juice and put my phone by the pay symbol. Nothing happened. I do have a default card all set up. Any thoughts?

I had no problems twice at Jamba Juice.. I did disable Smart Lock, which causes the app to ask for your PIN repeatedly because the app doesn't recognize it as a legit unlock. I hope that changes.

I tried to use it at Staples and twice it asked me to enter my full credit card # and expiration date!?! I obviously did not go through with that.

Stanfna

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
i have noticed that sometimes the cashier needs to do something on their end before the NFC reader activates and your phone can send a signal.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I see I'm not the only having this problem. Something must be wrong with their system. I used Android pay a few times and it worked just as well as Apple Play, other than having to unlock your phone. Now it never works, with any card I use, at stores I've used it before.

Androidpwns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay hasn't worked for me since it launched. Tried on Motorola Droid Maxx and then Moto X Pure Edition. Tried several different places. Is there some way to escalate this with Google?

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised there hasn't been a recent update to the app. Google updates their apps frequently. Either they don't know of problems or they are taking a long time to figure out how to fix them.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised there hasn't been a recent update to the app. Google updates their apps frequently. Either they don't know of problems or they are taking a long time to figure out how to fix them.

Or they don't know how to fix it and don't have the agreements in place like some of the other companies (ie..apple).

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone in the UK getting this to work, every single time I've launched it, get an error and it has to be closed and to report the app.

spacetrader

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried Android pay at Walgreens today and it did not work. When I put my phone near the terminal it made a sound but it failed to process the payment. I tried three times and quit.

I hate this so much. I tried, i know NFC was on and android pay is all setup with verified card and everything... go to register, time for checkout, tap..... TAP..... TAP..... nothing. cashier looks at me like i am retarded and says "you need to put in a credit card"

i just gave her cash and walked out like a moron.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay should work as long as the phone is unlocked and NFC is on. However, I have discovered one location where Android Pay won't work unless I open the app first. I don't know why that would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54