Android System Webview

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago we all started having issues with the webview update and it was crashing a lot of apps and causing phone problems in general. One of which Textra was the issue for me and when I contacted them they also blamed Google.

Since there there have been a few updates to the app. I am wondering if anyone is still having issues with the latest update or if it is good to go?

I keep checking the play store and reading reviews and while a few are saying its OK more are saying its still causing issues. Some seem to be on Samsungs versus HTC though. Does anyone have a verdict here with this?

Thanks!

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am leery of doing it and based on the reviews I was reading I wanted to see what others had been getting if they had updated to the latest software update from the app.

Did a search as well on the net and many are still having issues. Thank you!

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried updating a few days ago and wound up uninstalling updates again. It continues to cause problems on my one M8 particularly with the keyboard locking up and a few apps going buggy.

Posted via the Android Central App

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I used to have an issue with my keyboard crashing. Both stock and Google. All has been good about a week now.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all. I may hold our for a few more days and see if there is yet another update coming. I understand its purpose but its not worth the issues it causes with daily used apps.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I may hold our for a few more days and see if there is yet another update coming. I understand its purpose but its not worth the issues it causes with daily used apps.

Why don't you update it. If it doesn't work for you, uninstall. Takes just as long to post here.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Geezerb,

While I agree. I was looking to see what others had found out and if it was also just an HTC deal or all phones. Thanks for your advice though.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues. However, about 20 minutes ago I received a update and things seem to be fine now.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep I just saw the update on Google and updated it to this latest version after waiting. See what happens. Thank you all for replying and to those who all viewed it, hoped it helped others.

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Is this the reason why my keyboard popsup an then goes away on websites so that I can't even input anything

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have not had that problem with the keyboard. You could try doing the update and see what happens.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple instances where my keyboard screws up completely and it just goes nuts and switches apps and brings up things I haven't even touched but that was with the web view not updated so now see if anything changes but it shouldn't.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
After installing the latest update yesterday it was good for a short period but then the same thing happened and texting on Textra locked up and stopped.
Uninstalled and back to normal. Guess it is not fixed yet.

blastthedull

May 14, 2015
Visit site
When I update my webview last time my phone has failed to install it or something. Thereafter, each next update the webview failed to update. In case someone experiences the same issue, please advise. In my case I had to do factory reset to get rid of it but I am sure there is a faster and clearer solution for it.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
You could have tried Settings > Apps > then tap on Android System WebView then tap Force Stop then Cleared Data and Cleared Cache. See what that did for you and if that did not get you updated then at that same screen you could have tapped Uninstall Updates, then try to go to Play Store and get updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel