Android Update Deleted Favorited Photos!

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
My fairly new phone (only about two months old) completed an update a few nights ago, and one very negative change I've noticed is that my Favorites in the Photos app are gone! Not the actual images themselves, but they're no longer favorites -- when I tap on Library and then Favorites in the app, it simply says "No Favorites," which certainly was not true before the update.

Maybe for some people this isn't a big deal, but I really rely on the photos I tag as favorites for easy reference. Does anyone here know why this might have happened, and if there is any way to get them back (other than just looking for them and doing it manually)? If not, is there any way to back up the favorites specifically in case this happens again?

I mean, to me, updates are supposed to help the user, not delete any aspect of his/her data!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? Are you talking about the Google Photos app? Are these all photos saved locally to the phone, or are they backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
They don't appear when you go to Library>Favorites there's nothing in that folder, correct, are the pictures themselves when you look at them still show a star to show that it is favorited?

What happens if you add pics to favorites?

Have you restarted the phone since the update? Restarting is a good practice and can help some issues.

js10

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Have you restarted the phone since the update? Restarting is a good practice and can help some issues.

Sorry -- got a bit sidetracked. No, the restart is always a good thought, but in this case no luck. Also, no, I found some of the images manually, and no star -- it's as if the update just went in there and deselected them all! Which I obviously can't see the benefit of. When I add new pics to favorites, though, yes, it does appear in the Favorites folder, so that part works normally. But it shouldn't have wiped out the old ones in the first place!

Maxvector9

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'm having the exact same problem! Though my pictures are all in the cloud, all the favorite marks i put on the pictures in the last few weeks, are gone.
All the older ones are still there.
Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam