Android14 downloading now on VZW

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yep! Got it a few days ago. Now that I've updated to 14, I'm debating on doing a factory reset. I didn't do one when I updated to 13. I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep! Got it a few days ago. Now that I've updated to 14, I'm debating on doing a factory reset. I didn't do one when I updated to 13. I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.
It's not, unless you're having problems of some kind. I used to do that as well, but I have to say Android OS updates have gotten a lot better 👍
Now I just wipe the cache partition, repair apps in recovery, and use Good Guardian app booster after an update. I do update manually, and restart my phone before I update it though 😉

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says, Update 25 Android 14!
Sadly, Samsung pixel shift is not in this update so burn-in of pixels in status bar and navigation bar are more likely than in Android 13. Some users have already reported burn in. If I knew before the update I would have delayed it. I hid both bars in an effort to prevent it.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Sadly, Samsung pixel shift is not in this update so burn-in of pixels in status bar and navigation bar are more likely than in Android 13. Some users have already reported burn in. If I knew before the update I would have delayed it. I hid both bars in an effort to prevent it.
This seems to be a bit exaggerated, which most tech media outlets tend to do.

Most of the articles I've found are just parroting each other without actually saying where they received the information. Some say it affects just the status bar, others say it affects both status bar and navigation bar. Only GizChina seems to have the most meat in its reporting. Everything else is just circular reporting without really giving any real details.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be a bit exaggerated, which most tech media outlets tend to do.

Most of the articles I've found are just parroting each other without actually saying where they received the information. Some say it affects just the status bar, others say it affects both status bar and navigation bar. Only GizChina seems to have the most meat in its reporting. Everything else is just circular reporting without really giving any real details.
True. I can verify samsung pixel shift not active in my status bar but I have no idea if it will actually cause burn-in.

It would be nice if Samsung commented on the issue!

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
True. I can verify samsung pixel shift not active in my status bar but I have no idea if it will actually cause burn-in.

It would be nice if Samsung commented on the issue!
I don't keep my phone screen on continuously and I use AOD.

For screen burn in to happen, it must be on for several hours at time not just an hour here or an hour there. By several, I mean dozens of hours of continuous screen on time with the brightness turned up. None of the reports say how long the screens were on before they noticed the screen burn in.

I'm not saying it isn't happening; it is being exaggerated. Most of the articles are click bate. That is why you should take it with a grain of salt.

As for Samsung saying anything. Don't hold your breath. It will push out an update to fix the issue and move on.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
It's not, unless you're having problems of some kind. I used to do that as well, but I have to say Android OS updates have gotten a lot better 👍
Now I just wipe the cache partition, repair apps in recovery, and use Good Guardian app booster after an update. I do update manually, and restart my phone before I update it though 😉
Yeah. That's all I did. Clear cache partition, repaired apps, and ran Good Guardian.

Reactions: J Dubbs