Anker Quick charger vs Stock Charger - Test & Results

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anker Quick charger vs Stock Charger - Test & Results

I took a look at your thread, thank you. Impressive charging speed, it gained 46% (17->63%) in 31 minutes.

It's just too bad that Battery Monitor doesn't show the actual charge current for that phone. That would have provided some nice insight.
Typically saw between 45-48% on standby. With phone off, it might actually hit 50%in about 30 minutes.

I did check later and it showed 2800ma,so it obviously isn't actual amperage

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site

From 0% to 50% it will charge faster you say

If I start charging it from 50%, will it charge fast until it reaches 100%, or at slower speed?

I ask because I usually charge when it goes down to 50%, not below. So maybe I do not need a quick charge charger?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

If I start charging it from 50%, will it charge fast until it reaches 100%, or at slower speed?

I ask because I usually charge when it goes down to 50%, not below. So maybe I do not need a quick charge charger?

The lower your battery is, the faster it will charge or so they say. I don't think a quick charge would benefit you much. I've heard it quick charges up to 60%. So it may save you a few minutes max.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It will start to slow over 80%,but it still charges at decent speeds until 90%. After 90 % it really slows. You can look at my thread on the g4 charging profile here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/536936-charging-profile.html

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Paynekiller

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Just wanted to share my findings.
With the stock charger that came with the phone, and my original G2 charger I still kept... I believe these would be quick charge 1.0? cause they charged faster than the other chargers I had before..
But those have given me on average around 1% per minute charging. Pretty easy to calculate times with.

I have bought the CHOETECH charger in an effort to get QC 2.0, but it only charged at the same 1%/min after two tests. So that was returned and I got the ANKER charger as recommended here. It charges faster than the 1%/min than all the other chargers, but not quite what I expected for QC 2.0. I'll hold on to it for now, LG needs to give us some answers.

I also got the AUKEY Car charger which I tested as well. Still not quite what I expected for QC 2.0, but it charged faster than 1%/min and thats much faster than any car charger I've previously owned and my other home chargers so I'll be keeping it as well.

So to sum things up:
Choetech: 1%/min - NOT QC 2.0
ANKER: >1%/min - not quite QC 2.0 but better than 1.0
AUKEY Car Charger: >1%/min as well

NB - I've started all my charging tests at between 3-5%, screen off and I started the stopwatch on the phone to give it between 40-60 minutes worth of charging.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I got a couple (car and home) 2.0 quick chargers from best buy store and they are dramatically faster than the stock one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware