Antenna Cover Pulled Off By Case Adhesive

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Right above the volume knob on the Z Fold 3 there is a 2cm long section that is apparently the cover/cap for the 5g Antenna. Turns out that mine has come off and I have no idea where it went (i.e., it is lost) -- not sure when but I'm sure it was the adhesive from cases that did it. Can anyone advise where to find a replacement cap/cover? I've searched a bit with no luck!

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I may take it to a local UbreakIFix to see if the part can be ordered. It's weird, as I think it's been off for awhile but my reception seems to be unaffected. As I always have a case on, the area is covered.

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Great question. Problem is I've had about 7-8 different cases on at different times -- yes, I'm a case-aholic ;-) My advice if tape is in the area of the case that covers the antenna cap then either remove the tape in that area OR do not remove the plastic cover over the tape. Here are a couple of relevant links discussing this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold...ur_fold_3s_antenna_cover_came_off_because_of/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrBxA6n7As&ab_channel=ctuan13
Thanks for the link

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. Wish I'd watched this video BEFORE installing cases with adhesives in that particular area. Again, I've had the Z Fold 3 phone since September 2021 and installed and removed many cases. I only now noticed the missing cap as I was preparing my phone with a new SIM card (migrated from Sprint to T-Mobile). Who knows how long the antenna cover has been missing???

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You're welcome. Wish I'd watched this video BEFORE installing cases with adhesives in that particular area. Again, I've had the Z Fold 3 phone since September 2021 and installed and removed many cases. I only now noticed the missing cap as I was preparing my phone with a new SIM card (migrated from Sprint to T-Mobile). Who knows how long the antenna cover has been missing???
You check the inside of your case's , maybe still there?

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I'm proof there are "lurkers" as I've been reading this site for years but rarely post anything. Great site for info and sometimes just entertaining dialogue!! Nice to see folks passionate about their tech!!!

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: While out mailing my Tax Return, I decided to stop by my local UBreakIFix to see if they could replace the antenna cover/cap. I also told him that it was one of my earlier cases with adhesive tape that was the culprit, but I never noticed it was gone until recently. He stated the whole back panel, including the inner big screen needs to be replaced (i.e., they don't supply the antenna cover/cap as a separate part). I said whoa!!! He said it is under warranty and there would be no cost to me. Furthermore, he stated he happened to have one back panel in stock and that he could replace it within 2 hours. I was shocked but said yes, of course, as he also stated I was lucky he had the back panel in stock as they are hard to get. I also asked if the replacement would have a new screen protector on the big screen, as mine developed open creases several months ago and I removed it. He stated, yes, it would have a screen protector and that I should have it replaced if the inner screen protector on the replacement does the same thing, too.

So, essentially, under warranty, I am "killing two birds with one stone" by getting the antenna cover/cap AND screen protector replaced by having the back panel replaced. Finally, he said that UBreakIFix is now essentially working as a branch of Samsung regarding warranty work. COOL!

I'll update later today when, hopefully, my phone has been repaired!!!

Last edited:

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
FINAL UPDATE: All is well. Got the new back panel with both inner screen (with factory screen protector) and antenna cover/cap. Hope this info helps others that might be in a similar situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance