Anti-bacterial wipe to clean my phone?

GMTdad

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else uses a anti-bacterial wipe to clean their phone. My hands get pretty dirty on my job so after work I like to wipe it down to kill all the crap and dirt that gets on it. On my old dumb phone I used an antibacterial wipe and it never seemed to hurt it. But on my Sensation I have a Techskin screen protector and I just wonder if it's a good idea to use it on there and on the phone in general. Any advice?

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I do every once in a while.
Especially now with cold season just around the corner.
I find Clorox wipes or regular hand sanitiser does a good job.

Reactions: GMTdad

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The screen protector shouldn't cause problems. Turn off the phone and go lightly over the screen. Cell phones have a lot of bacteria... People don't realize the importance of cleaning their phones regularly.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Baby wipes. Cheap, plentiful. And after you use them for your device, you can wipe the handles of the shopping cart at the supermarket. Experation date.... when they get dry.

GMTdad

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone. I did want to add though that I used a Clorox wipe on my phone after reading the first reply the other night and on my Skinomi Techskin screen protector it seemed to give it a kind of tacky feel for about half the day the next day instead of the smooth feel it usually has. I was afraid it was going to stay like this but then it went back to normal after a while. Just a heads up.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone. I did want to add though that I used a Clorox wipe on my phone after reading the first reply the other night and on my Skinomi Techskin screen protector it seemed to give it a kind of tacky feel for about half the day the next day instead of the smooth feel it usually has. I was afraid it was going to stay like this but then it went back to normal after a while. Just a heads up.

I guess that rules out Acetone :D

But yeah, if the wipe has a strong chemical agent, probably not a good idea to use it over a thin display protector. Might wind up with a mess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrStrange