Any 6P users got the Google Assistant update yet?

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I am running he 7.1.2 beta and have the beta of Google Play Services. I was excited last night when after a restart I got a welcome screen for Google Assistant after holding the home button. But a few seconds later, I was taken back into Google Now. The software is clearly onboard. It seems we're just waiting for the button to be pressed in Mountain View.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I got it about 2 hrs ago. I don't get auto updates (I have to request them). It's been awhile, so went to Play Store & about 30 were available. Got them all & I think assistant was part of some Google app. There is a difference from google now but I don't really use now & will probably only use assistant occasionally. I am on 7.1.2 Beta

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I may be missing something, but Google assistant seems to be just a slightly improved version of current "OK Google" functionality.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something, but Google assistant seems to be just a slightly improved version of current "OK Google" functionality.
That's exactly what it is. It's an evolution of Google's search. They took On Tap, enhanced it's voice control, etc.

metallifan33

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet. I'm running 7.1.1 I tried to buy a Pixel in December (I need the 128 gig xl) and they "put me on the waiting list" and are still sold out. My 6p battery is old and dying. I thought it'd be nice to have Google Assistant, but now don't even have that. I feel left out by Google 😕

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Still nothing

Nothing here still and I have to say I'm really disappointed. This is why we got Nexus in the beginning, we should be getting the updates right after the pixels. We Android users rag on Apple all the time but when they give an update everyone gets it at once. There is no excuse why we have to wait this long to get an update on a Nexus phone. Again very disappointed

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here still and I have to say I'm really disappointed. This is why we got Nexus in the beginning, we should be getting the updates right after the pixels. We Android users rag on Apple all the time but when they give an update everyone gets it at once. There is no excuse why we have to wait this long to get an update on a Nexus phone. Again very disappointed
All I can say is, we'll all get it soon enough. Google slides staggering the updates so that their servers done get flooded with all of the devices downloading , and installing the Google assistant update all at once most likely.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one wishing Google never mentioned this rollout and instead just let us be pleasantly surprised considering how long this seems to be taking? I

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I get it that things can take time (especially if you want to get it right), it's just the way it was reported you'd have thought more people would be mentioning they have it by now. Under the impression this rollout could be over a period of weeks as opposed to days. Again, I'm not a technical expert with this stuff so my expectations may have been unrealistic...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds