Any confirmed nexus 5 OTA drops for lollipop?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine. Gotta say, there are some ugly bits here. What's with the white background in the search bar and the app drawer? Anyone figure how to get rid of it?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
this method works but it might screw up your device's Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) requiring a Hard Reset/Factory Fresh Wipe in order to fix GCM and Push Services (Gmail etc.). i like to do a hard reset after every Letter OS Update anyway. it worked for me on the second try. if you try it report back. here you go - good luck -

Pradaman Shorey
Shared publicly - 2:31 PM
#Nexus5

How to force Lollipop Update on your Nexus Device:
1. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google play services > manage space >
clear data.
2. Go to Google Services framework > clear data > force stop.
3. Go to Settings > About phone > system updates (it should say last
checked in 1969)
4. Click on 'Check Now' & keep refreshing and it should push the
update to your phone if it doesn't work the first time keep trying.
It worked for me in the first go (Nexus 5)!!
Good Luck...

#lollipopupdate #nexus #update #nexus5 #lollipop
#google 

https://plus.google.com/+PradamanShorey/posts/RhmXWhoE6Be

Force Android OS OTA Update

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine. Gotta say, there are some ugly bits here. What's with the white background in the search bar and the app drawer? Anyone figure how to get rid of it?

1. i'm not a big fan of the new lockscreen notifications. they eliminated the little icons in the status bar on the lockscreen! so you have to have the huge persistent notifications on the middle of the screen. and i don't want my info public so i hide sensitive content. i really preferred the small icons in the top status bar for Gmail, Text, etc. on the lockscreen.
2. i also don't like the extra swipe required to unlock the pattern lock.
3. pulling down/clearing notifications from unlocked screen is kind of unwieldy too.

hopefully i'll get used to it and the muscle memory will be learned.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
1. i'm not a big fan of the new lockscreen notifications. they eliminated the little icons in the status bar on the lockscreen! so you have to have the huge persistent notifications on the middle of the screen. and i don't want my info public so i hide sensitive content. i really preferred the small icons in the top status bar for Gmail, Text, etc. on the lockscreen.
2. i also don't like the extra swipe required to unlock the pattern lock.
3. pulling down/clearing notifications from unlocked screen is kind of unwieldy too.

hopefully i'll get used to it and the muscle memory will be learned.
You can actually have settings to keep certain notifications private but still get the notification.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the OTA some time this afternoon while at work for both my N5 and N7 2012. I think I'll do the N7 first since it is less critical. Probably don't need to be cautious, but I want to see how it works and install prior to dong the N5.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
You can actually have settings to keep certain notifications private but still get the notification.

yes thanks i know - see my OP again - i say "i hide sensitive content" BUT i'd rather just have a small icon in the lockscreen. i don't need the huge bar notifications (with much wasted space) on the middle of the lockscreens since i am hiding the content. remember the tiny icons from kitkat in the status bar? that's all i need.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Still don't have the ota. Man Google is slacking. I wonder if my N6 will be here first or my N5 ota? Both will probably come in Dec..... Lol Google sucks sometimes.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
No lock screen widgets ??

Posted via the Android Central App

Correct. I really preferred dashclock over the stock clock. The secondary lockscreen widgets weren't as important to me but I still had it maxed with AC, Google now, fit bit and BBC news

Posted via Android Central App

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Spaceship Lollipop has landed in Linz, Austria.

Most things look ok, but I have problems with my Exchange contacts not syncing properly. I only got part of the whole contacts data. Some contacts are missing. As I updated yesterday, the phone should have had enough time to sync.
I rebooted it today, but no joy so far...

Everything else seems to work. Pics and Hangouts threads are still there.

abhirao13

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have a rooted Nexus 5 with CWM Recovery. I received the Update for Lollipop. I wanted to know if I could install the update or will it not happen due to custom recovery. It doesn't matter if root is broken.

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is getting rediculous. Still don't have the ota. I feel like theres not that many nexus phones out there compared to all other brands for me to have to wait this long for an update. Its pathetic. I love google and all that comes with it but come on now. I shouldn't have to sideload a major update and I'm not going to. Grrrr

andyhurley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Really glad I waited rather than wasting time learning how and doing a sideload. My Lollipop arrived last night and I just left it installing, after an hour or so it was all done and everything still worked exactly as before but with a shiny new UI. I've not experienced any problems yet; I have noticed how we seem to have got one step closer to WebOS with the card interface though I still say horizontal stacking is easier to control and work with than the vertical ones Android uses.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Really glad I waited rather than wasting time learning how and doing a sideload. My Lollipop arrived last night and I just left it installing, after an hour or so it was all done and everything still worked exactly as before but with a shiny new UI. I've not experienced any problems yet; I have noticed how we seem to have got one step closer to WebOS with the card interface though I still say horizontal stacking is easier to control and work with than the vertical ones Android uses.

I liked the web os horizontal cards too. But lollipop does look closer to that than KitKat. And I still haven't gotten my update on my nexus 5. Maybe today is the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally got mine. It's a little laggy at times. But I do like it a lot. Any suggestions for reducing lag? I'm using the Nova Launcher.

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Got it here in Texas today. Co-worker got it yesterday. Not that it matters, but I'm using ATT and he's using Sprint.

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Got it here in central Indiana USA about 15 minutes ago. I got my Nexus 5 in Aug. Stock 16G red. Seems faster, smoother, but still getting used to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick