Any current gen 6"+ phones for US?

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 on T-mobile and love the size. It's almost 2 years old and want to upgrade soon. I keep getting disappointed in all of the new releases of flagship phones only going up to 5.7". I definitely want at least a 6", maybe even up to 7". I wear man pants with normal man sized pockets with my man sized fingers. So what, if any, current gen phones in that size with at least highish end specs are available that would work in the US on T-mobile? Doesn't have to be offered by T-mobile, just be 100% compatible with their LTE bands and everything. I wish Android Central would do an article about the options for 6"+ phones.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Love this list for choosing unlocked phones:

Devices compatible with Extended Range LTE - Spectrum Gateway

Edit: Sadly, it doesn't look like anything on this list will work. I believe that Sony has some though.

Check out Sony Xperia XA Ultra (model F3213). That one seemed to have some good reviews. I think it was the only X series phone that actually has good reviews. B&H Photo has a promo that runs until Saturday night for you to get $40 off.

I'm sure that there are some BLU phones too that might work, but Sony will probably be better.

Last edited:

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Edited because I replied to your original comment before you edited yours. App is being laggy.

The Xperia xa ultra is a little too dated or mid-range I think. Seems geared toward teens who take selfies constantly.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Aw I'm sorry. That was the only result I could find with band 12 too.

Now if you don't need band 12, you can go older like a phone from 2015 and you will have a lot more options. A lot of phones have decent front cameras though, I think that might be hard to avoid.

Sent from mTalk

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah definitely need band 12. No point in going backwards from my Nexus 6 so definitely need a newish phone with higher end specs. I keep reading about all these Asian released models with 6-7" screens and they never make it to the US. Hard to keep track of them all and what's what. I appreciate the help though.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah definitely need band 12. No point in going backwards from my Nexus 6 so definitely need a newish phone with higher end specs. I keep reading about all these Asian released models with 6-7" screens and they never make it to the US. Hard to keep track of them all and what's what. I appreciate the help though.

Yeah, I get you on that. Can't go without Band 12 on a phone again. Sadly, it seems like that is the only market that makes them. I wish you luck in your search with whatever you end up choosing. If you ever get to the point of frustration (I have the opposite issue, wanting a smaller phone between 4.5-5" with nice, midrange specs, so I can picture having that level of frustration), B&H Photo does have a great 30 day return policy which I can personally vouch for.

Edit: There's also this, it has band 12. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...tml/BI/20079/KBID/13844/SID/UUacUvbUpU5364472 It might be too midrange for you though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caish