Any defectors on Sprint?

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you plan on leaving Android for the iPhone???

All of us Sprint subscribers have had it pretty good when it comes to Android. From the early days of the Moment and the Hero to the totally awesome days of the Almighty HTC EVO 4G, Android was always the best offer on Sprint. We have always been lucky to get the really hot devices. The biggest decision an Android fan on the Now Network had to make was if you were going to get the Evo 3D or the Motorola Photon 4G or perhaps, the SGSII (which is available now for preorder and will be available to all Friday, September16, by the way) or wait for the mythical and masterful "Nexus Prime". But now with the impending release of the iPhone 5, the luxury of being the dominant OS on Sprint may be threatened. True, Android has done just fine on other carriers that offer both the iPhone and Android, but this will be the first time the iPhone will launch on multiple carriers with a new model at the same time. So we will finally see if Android was really "the best you could get" without leaving your carrier and breaking your contract, as many of the pundits suggest, and if that was the reason for its meteoric rise. Personally, I don't think so. I know Android is where it's at, but I am curious to see how many of you are going to drink the Kool Aid and believe the hype. Let's see how many are gonna jump ship when the big bad iPhone arrives.

STAY TRUE :cool:

Last edited:

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you plan on leaving Android for the iPhone???

All of us Sprint subscribers have had it pretty good when it comes to Android. From the early days of the Moment and the Hero to the totally awesome days of the Almighty HTC EVO 4G, Android was always the best offer on Sprint. We have always been lucky to get the really hot devices. The biggest decision an Android fan on the Now Network had to make was if you were going to get the Evo 3D or the Motorola Photon 4G or perhaps, the SGSII (which is available now for preorder and will be available for all Friday,September16, by the way) or wait for the mythical and masterful "Nexus Prime". But now with the impending release of the iPhone 5, the luxury of being the dominant OS on Sprint may be threatened. True, Android has done just fine on other carriers that offer both the iPhone and Android, but this will be the first time the iPhone will launch on multiple carriers with a new model at the same time. So we will finally see if Android was really "the best you could get" without leaving your carrier and breaking your contract, as many of the pundits suggest, and if that was the reason for its meteoric rise. Personally, I don't think so. I know Android is where it's at, but I am curious to see how many of you are going to drink the Kool Aid and believe the hype. Let's see how many are gonna jump ship when the big bad iPhone arrives.

STAY TRUE :cool:

Have an EVO 3D and I ain't thinking changing it or Android OS for iOS!!! I have an iPod touch and I can do all and even more on my Android phone. The only thing that I like of iOS is that it has a few good apps for creating music on a mobile phone, like FL Studio mobile, FourTrack, etc... Of course I still have hope that these apps are going to arrive to Android, at least FL Studio is coming in far future.... But to leave Android just because of that would be a stupid choice.

Android FTW!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yea, iOS has a wider selection of apps. Little better quality as well. But I think that should change with Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sent from my awesome HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean "defectors"? I just defected to Sprint; not directly with that company but through a third party service provider. Since this service provider made the enticing offer of paying off our ETF with the old carrier, I jumped at the chance, and have been quite happy with the results so far.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I asked if there were any Sprint users who plan on defecting from Android to iOS when the iPhone arrives on the carrier.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

vincredible

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Been with Sprint for the better part of a decade. I came from the original Pre and webos. I love and miss that os. But with the death of palm and webos by hp, I came to Android with the Samsung D710. Apple makes great products but these days, they are just catching up to the rest of the manufacturers. Since the 4s is essentially what the 4 should have been when it initially came out, I'm curious to see what the 5 will be like. Still wouldn't get it either way.

AzDayton

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I was on Sprint for years - since way back with my Palm Treo. Stayed with them through several Palms, through a WinMo phone, through the Evo 4G and the Evo 3D. Finally, after paying $10/mo for 4G service for a couple of years and NEVER getting any 4G service, I left them for TMobile. I liked Sprint, I really did. But for two years they told me that 4G would be available in Phoenix "in a couple of months". LIARS. And now they're talking about capping like TMobile and Verison does anyway, so there's no point in staying. AND they discontinued my Preferred Customer plan. AND I find that my bill is about $75 per month less with TMobile. So yeah, I'm a "Sprint Defector", I guess. Though really, I consider it more that they didn't live up to THEIR end of our agreement.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
AND I find that my bill is about $75 per month less with TMobile.
Wow, I find that my bill is less than $75 per minth with Sprint, but I'd switch to T-Mobile if they paid me to do so. :)

That's a huge difference, I can't imagine the differences among carriers are large enough to offset a savings like that.

Oh - no, I will not buy an iPhone this go-round. I just bought the Photon, and it's still new and shiny. It seems to do everything I want it to. I am looking forward to ICS, which I hope will make it a little smoother to use. But I'm pretty happy with what I have. One feature I especially like on the Photon is Google navigation, and I gather there isn't anything quite that good available for the iPhone. And I prefer the email options here.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to get apps like that one that translates signs. But it didn't actually do languages that I needed, . . . There's lots of cool stuff for the iPhone, but not a lot that I feel like I need right now.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was on Sprint for years - since way back with my Palm Treo. Stayed with them through several Palms, through a WinMo phone, through the Evo 4G and the Evo 3D. Finally, after paying $10/mo for 4G service for a couple of years and NEVER getting any 4G service, I left them for TMobile. I liked Sprint, I really did. But for two years they told me that 4G would be available in Phoenix "in a couple of months". LIARS. And now they're talking about capping like TMobile and Verison does anyway, so there's no point in staying. AND they discontinued my Preferred Customer plan. AND I find that my bill is about $75 per month less with TMobile. So yeah, I'm a "Sprint Defector", I guess. Though really, I consider it more that they didn't live up to THEIR end of our agreement.

You make some excellent points. Three of the biggest disappointments is the lack of 4G service expansion, capping, and the discontinuation of the Preferred plans. Going to LTE may solve the service issue, but that's yet to be seen. But capping and losing the Preferred benefits are going to chase a lot of customers to T-Mo and Verizon. Those were two of the things that actually brought customers to Sprint, many defecting from ATT, T-Mo, and Verizon. Now, after their Sprint contracts are up, the probability of their staying is not very good. The things that made the difference between Sprint and all the rest have been rescinded. So what's the incentive to stay? Sprint's customer service is great. But that may not be enough to offset the loss of our "benefits." I'll see what happens in the next year, evaluate my options, then decide to stay or go. At this point, they have to prove themselves to me...and their other long-time customers.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't seem to be worth it now. They are cheaper, but even then you aren't getting your money's worth. It just makes more sense to go elsewhere for now until Sprint gets it together.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't seem to be worth it now. They are cheaper, but even then you aren't getting your money's worth. It just makes more sense to go elsewhere for now until Sprint gets it together.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I'm with you, not feeling it anymore either. I am one step away from leaving myself. If they take away anything else and I do mean anything or try and raise any of their pricing I'm gone. For me they are kinda like Netflix, if Sprint even sneezes in the wrong direction I'm out. And I have three phones with them and will have to pay a grand to leave. Ill get around six to eight hundred on ebay for the phones I have but will still be willing to do it if they don't pull their head out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Bellmonte

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you, not feeling it anymore either. I am one step away from leaving myself. If they take away anything else and I do mean anything or try and raise any of their pricing I'm gone. For me they are kinda like Netflix, if Sprint even sneezes in the wrong direction I'm out. And I have three phones with them and will have to pay a grand to leave. Ill get around six to eight hundred on ebay for the phones I have but will still be willing to do it if they don't pull their head out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. Ever since the iPhone released on Sprint, my 3G data has come to a crawl. We have Wimax here in Vegas, but the coverage is extremely spotty. In the last 12 months, I have yet to even use 1gb of data because of the slowness of the network.

Sprint is lucky that the company I work for has free Wifi, and that I use my Wifi at home or else I'd be switching to AT&T since they also now offer mobile to any mobile (regardless of carrier). Sprint has until my contact expires to get their act together, and this includes better building penetration for 4G data

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk