Any impressions or regrets from former Galaxy Watch users?

BMWBig6

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you happy with your Active 2 or do you miss any aspect of the 1 year old (much larger) Galaxy Watch? Do you consider the Active 2 to be an upgrade, or are performance/features roughly the same? (Please note that I'm not comparing the original Active with Active 2, I'm talking about comparing the brand new Active 2 with the older and much larger 46mm Galaxy Watch with the mechanical rotating bezel.)

81ZKNYBwYlL._SL1500_.jpg

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on a discounted price for last year's Galaxy Watch or pay more for the latest and greatest Active 2.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
To me, those are two different kinds of watches.
I use my Active for sleep tracking and my Gear S3 (comparable to the GW) for non work day use.
I use my Gear Sport for work day use.

kbboykin2

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Are you happy with your Active 2 or do you miss any aspect of the 1 year old (much larger) Galaxy Watch? Do you consider the Active 2 to be an upgrade, or are performance/features roughly the same? (Please note that I'm not comparing the original Active with Active 2, I'm talking about comparing the brand new Active 2 with the older and much larger 46mm Galaxy Watch with the mechanical rotating bezel.)

View attachment 311452

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on a discounted price for last year's Galaxy Watch or pay more for the latest and greatest Active 2.

I have the S3, GW and now the GWA2. The S3 and GW are LTE, but my GWA2 is BT. I have small wrist s for a man, so the size of the GWA2 is appealing. I'm on Sprint so the LTE is wasted ont he GW. I still have the S3 on T-Mobile. I like the style overall of the GWA2, but neither the S3 nor the GWA2 can touch the GW's battery life. Otherwise they are all similar for what I do. I simply rotate between the GWA2 and GW while one of them is charging.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
...the older and much larger 46mm Galaxy Watch with the mechanical rotating bezel.)

It's the Gear S3, which is not a part of the Galaxy Watch line.

For me, nothing compares to the S3. The rotating bezel is the bees knees and inclusion of MST means I can use Samsung Pay everywhere. I like the rugged design of the S3. I don't worry about battery life. I charge it about every other evening.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, what makes this the best watch you have owned? (Or rather, what was the GW missing?)

I am just not really into the diver style watch if you will that the GW is styled after. Like the S3..its a large watch...but the bezel takes up alot of that space. Not huge into the rotating bezel...and I prefer a more clean look. I loved the old Moto 360 because it was all screen....but wasn't executed well. Had no speaker...Google assistant worked ok...not great. Just not up to date. Bixby seems to work great on this...syncs well with my Note 10 plus...just again...would be great if it was like a 48mm size. All screen

mr neutron

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with switching from Galaxy Watch 46mm to Active 2 44mm. A2 is a cleaner, much lighter style. I have med-lg wrist and always considered GW to be a bit clunky. Although not much of a bezel enthusiast, the A2 touch bezel is really nice. Also UI 1.5 is cleaner looking. Custom watch faces look fantastic on A2 as there is no distraction from bezel/oversized body.
Battery not as good on A2 but I can easily get 2 days without charging. GW was -1% to -1.5/hr, A2 -1.5% to -2%/hr.
Highly recommend the upgrade.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Very happy with switching from Galaxy Watch 46mm to Active 2 44mm. A2 is a cleaner, much lighter style. I have med-lg wrist and always considered GW to be a bit clunky. Although not much of a bezel enthusiast, the A2 touch bezel is really nice. Also UI 1.5 is cleaner looking. Custom watch faces look fantastic on A2 as there is no distraction from bezel/oversized body.
Battery not as good on A2 but I can easily get 2 days without charging. GW was -1% to -1.5/hr, A2 -1.5% to -2%/hr.

I agree. Same change for me. Very happy.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Do you know if the floor counter is more accurate on the A2?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
So I broke down and bought the Active 2 and so far I like it. I wish the battery life could be better though. It feels light compared to the GW. With no movable bezels, I like the flat watch face look.

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the 44mm LTE version for Verizon and even though I can't connect to the network yet for it. Right now Verizon engineers are tying to fix that problem. I really love the active2. The new software touches are really nice. I noticed a new Night mode, the workout app is a little different, and just little things here and there that really round out the watch. I miss all my bands that I got for the gear s3 and galaxy watch that no longer fit my new watch. But oh well.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the 44mm LTE version for Verizon and even though I can't connect to the network yet for it. Right now Verizon engineers are tying to fix that problem. I really love the active2. The new software touches are really nice. I noticed a new Night mode, the workout app is a little different, and just little things here and there that really round out the watch. I miss all my bands that I got for the gear s3 and galaxy watch that no longer fit my new watch. But oh well.

It is still 22 mm bands... they should all fit?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It's my 5th day with the Active 2 and I love this thing. I still like the GW especially because it has great battery life.

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm not getting nearly the same battery life as the GW. But the GWA2 is just a little bit better in a lot of ways that really make it special.