Any iPhone owners?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Like you i like iOS but its just not as fast, customizable and doesnt have expanded memory, a quad processor and wifi calling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What's it gonna take for Apple to get u guys(as well as others) to get these now android converts back?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

They can't.. At least for me. I'll never go back. I haven't since the S2 :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Seattleite

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a longtime Apple fan and actually work for a company as a Mac rep (computers, iPads, and iPods only - no phones). I've had an iPhone since the 3gs version came out. My most recent iPhone was a 4s, and when it came time for my upgrade, I checked to see if there were any rumors that Apple was planning on a bigger screen. I found the screen to be too small for my aging eyes, so made the leap to the S4 a few weeks ago. If Apple ever does make a bigger phone, I might go back as I miss the ability to sync my phone so simply with my other Apple devices. With that being said, there are two key features that I just love about the S4 - 1. the ability to call via wifi. I love that as soon as I walk in the door at home or work, wifi calling kicks in with no intervention by me. I have, however, discovered a bug - when going from wifi to cellular, I have to reboot the phone, otherwise I frequently cannot sent or receive calls. 2. I love the fact that the app icon gives you a list of app in alphabetical order! Much better than scrolling through page after page, or going to the "search" screen to locate an app.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but so far I'm satisfied!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Each platform has advantages and disadvantages. It's nice to have choices. Use the one that works best FOR YOU.

But I agree with those that say Apple needs to do more than continue making minor tweaks to iOS, adding features that, in many cases, Android already offers. The Android OS, by design, is capable of things that iOS, by design, simply can't do. Greater ease of use will only keep non-fanboy people in the iPhone camp for so long. I think iOS is due for a major overhaul if Apple wants to stay at (or get back to) the leading edge of mobile tech.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I switched from my iPhone 5 to N4 to S4 and back to both my N4 and iPhone 5.

Yeah I think I'm about to do this. I still haven't been able to stick with one because I miss the features of the other. Both have very strong points as well as weak. So instead of me just keep recycling the latest device, I think I may be better off getting both so I ca easily swap them and also have the benefit of seeing how the software will come along. Still thinking....

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the iphone 4s and so far the samsung hasn't lived up to my expectations. I wasn't a 'typcal' user of the iphone, mine was jailbroken and I had everything customized to how I like.

I siwtched for the larger screen and in that regard the screen has been AMAZING. Otherwise, android is simply the same **** but different. WAY worse in some regards but better in others. This isnt 2008, with a simple jailbreak and root, both phones are completely open to customization. In fact, I would say that the iphone community has made it a TON easier for the average person to customize almost everything. Android (or perhaps touchwiz) has left alot to be desired. There are alot of things that my iphone did easily that android can't.

An easy example is Activator from the ios. Or for example the overall music playing experience. <sarcasm>No android, I do not need you to be my mother and require me to re-raise the volume and agree to your warning everytime I plug in my headphones.</sarcasm> Overall, the apple OS feels like a professional team made the product and seriously tested it. The android OS feels like it was made by a solo developer in his moms basement, with features just glued together a day at a time, and he just fixes the issues as people post problems on his thread.

And for all the offended android fanboys.... I am not an apple fanboy by any means. I hate apple and what they stand for. In fact, I couldn't wait to get away from their products, as soon as I found something I thought would better fit my needs. But after my experience.... If it wasn't for the screen I would ditch this phone in a second. It's been over 3 weeks since I got it and I'm still trying to scour the corners of the internet to find apps and tweaks that could give me the seamelss expereince that I'm used to.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow