Any luck at your local AT&T store -today- (non pre-orders)??

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post here but since I will be upgrading from an iPhone 4 to an AT&T Galaxy SIII, I figured I'd make this my introduction. 2 AT&T stores told me to check back on the 28th(In line with everyone else here), while one told me they always receive shipments on Monday, and that it wouldn't hurt to check back then. Best of luck to everyone in their search for an SIII !

Welcome to the club - well, the waiting to upgrade from another platform club - as I have never used Android, yet.

Anyways, yeah - I'm hoping to get mine before the 28th but as long as the 28th is the latest I'll be happy. I really am having second thoughts about having not pre-ordered but I just don't trust buying a pebble blue device without seeing it in person first...and I like to do a little inspection before I take it home to make sure there's nothing clearly wrong with it.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club - well, the waiting to upgrade from another platform club - as I have never used Android, yet.

Anyways, yeah - I'm hoping to get mine before the 28th but as long as the 28th is the latest I'll be happy. I really am having second thoughts about having not pre-ordered but I just don't trust buying a pebble blue device without seeing it in person first...and I like to do a little inspection before I take it home to make sure there's nothing clearly wrong with it.

Haha yeah welcome to you too! This switch is going to be an odd one in more ways than one lol. I was on the fence as far as upgrading goes because I'm just so entrenched in the Apple ecosystem(Mac, iPad, Apple TV) that I wasn't 100% sure that I wanted to switch at first. However the more I thought about it, the more I realized just how much I wanted to switch. I've been anxiously awaiting this device since my upgrade eligibility in Late Feb and while I initially wanted the note, it's overall size was a turn off. Best of luck to you, hope you get your S III sooner than later! :D

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in the other thread I made, I went to a Best Buy store that apparently has a fair amount of them but isn't allowed to sell them. He said possibly not till July, UGH. *Fingers Crossed* for AT&T on Thursday! :D

bdcarrico1

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I called several stores in northeast Ohio including Cleveland and there was only one store that mentioned the 28th. Everyone else had no idea when they would arrive. I'm trying to figure out if I should just "preorder."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

CtKiDd

May 9, 2012
Visit site
You guy should off pre-ordered online...received mine yesterday. I switched from the one x and I gotta say this phone is awesome. I don't care about the pentile matrix junk...this screen looks amazing. You guys are going to enjoy them when you get 'em.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Walked into AT&T store yesterday & preordered it. I now have it in my hands activated & in use. It was smooth & painless for me.

STBear

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Springfield Pa store said the 28th. Springfield Pa best Buy said they were getting them the 28th but couldn't sell them to July 1.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Springfield Pa store said the 28th. Springfield Pa best Buy said they were getting them the 28th but couldn't sell them to July 1.

One of my best friends sells phones at my local AT&T store, he just told me that July 1st is the new release date as well. The first phone they get is mine. :D

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You guy should off pre-ordered online...received mine yesterday. I switched from the one x and I gotta say this phone is awesome. I don't care about the pentile matrix junk...this screen looks amazing. You guys are going to enjoy them when you get 'em.

I think I want the blue one but really have to see it in person before deciding...it's not like I wouldn't be happy with white. Perhaps if I had known we'd have an issue like this I'd have just pre-ordered but hindsight...

Also I like to inspect it before taking it home...doing so has saved me significant hassle in the past. Oh well. Come Thursday, hopefully, it will be a non-issue.

bdcarrico1

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I called several stores in northeast Ohio including Cleveland and there was only one store that mentioned the 28th. Everyone else had no idea when they would arrive. I'm trying to figure out if I should just "preorder."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Right after this statement... I went to best buy and they had 1! I'm now rocking a galaxy s3 and didn't pre-order. Lucked out. Try your Best buys. :)

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So are people really just walking in the store, ordering, and getting it the next day in the mail? If so I'm going to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So are people really just walking in the store, ordering, and getting it the next day in the mail? If so I'm going to do that.

You don't need to go to the store to pre-order...and yes it looks like people are starting to receive them with no delay other than 2 day shipping - but nothing is guaranteed of course.