Any luck at your local AT&T store -today- (non pre-orders)??

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is "Out for delivery" which means it is roaming the streets of The Woodlands somewhere. I think a Saturday delivery is likely.

Never knew so many Apple people would get this excited for an Android phone LOL. :D

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
How did this thread turn into a pre-order shipping thread...its for people trying to buy it in store. Back on topic! :)

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Everyone knows you can preorder and get the phone in a day or two. This thread is for in store availability.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The popular June 28 date went out the window. Let's see what happens tomorrow as AT&T likes to drop on Sundays. However, until we get an official date, it is all spec.

Bubbamel

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
What stinks is many of the stores did not get a shipment yesterday. UPS and FedEx rarely deliver on Saturday. I doubt we see many stores have them tomorrow unfortunately. I hope I am wrong though.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from an ATT corp store in the metro ATL area, and they are reporting no phones and dont know when they will get them. The guy I spoke with sounded annoyed that the date keeps slipping, so I doubt they have them in the back for a 7/1 store drop. Im still trying to decide between the GNex and the SIII, and want to hold them both in my hand before I make a decision. (my son has the GNex).

joshua_phillips12

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I got...
Local stores in my area either have them in or have them en route. Problem is, ATT just sent out e-mail this morning telling third party vendors (ie Best Buy, etc) not to sell any until further notice. Talked to ATT over the phone and they told me their stock is "low" and if I ordered today there is no date they could guarantee delivery. I asked about a "official release date" because they told me it had not been "officially released" by ATT. He said there was no date yet. So either continue to pre-order and pray, or ........... pray. I hate ATT. Meanwhile, if your contracts up you can get your phone the 1st from Sprint. Stuuuuupppppidd Sprint. ::said loathfully::

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from an ATT corp store in the metro ATL area, and they are reporting no phones and dont know when they will get them. The guy I spoke with sounded annoyed that the date keeps slipping, so I doubt they have them in the back for a 7/1 store drop. Im still trying to decide between the GNex and the SIII, and want to hold them both in my hand before I make a decision. (my son has the GNex).

You may get the GS3 by pre-order or in-store much sooner given the injunction granted to Apple. The GS3 should get the JB OS 4.1 by Christmas if not sooner to compete with the launch of the new iPhone.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Ive spend a good part of the afternoon researching the GNex v. S3 and I think the S3 will be the one. I rarely buy electronics in a store, but Im heading out for a few days on Tuesday and dont want to miss the Fedex guy. So, if I cant get one at a store by Monday I will just wait a few days. No biggie.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not staying at a hotel, going to my house in the mountains of N GA, but that may not be a bad idea. If I knew it would be shipped, then maybe, but knowing my luck it will go backordered and I'd miss it up there too. I rarely sit still for a week at a time, but I will be in my office the entire next week so that will be a safer bet. But, I would imagine I can get one at the store by then.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
the other thing Id like to see if I get a 4G signal at my house. I live 15 miles from downtown ATL, hardly the boonies, but every carrier has a problem at my house. The only way I can get a signal in my house is a microcell. It crazy that my house in the middle of no where has a great signal and my house in civilization has such spotty service. My house is in the south shadow of Kennesaw Mountain and I guess all the cell towers are on the other side of the mountain. Im also less than a mile to the interstate. I am wondering how the LTE phone is going to interact with the 3G microcell, and if ATT's 4G footprint is any better.

acsef

May 20, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is giving me terrible customer service and I can't order the phone until Tuesday so I'm stuck with the Note. My store also said they still don't know when they're getting the phone. It's been said before, but this is a TERRIBLE release. :(

hjmillre

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Tried both att store and best buy today in Phoenix. Neither had any idea when they might get phones in stock. The ATT rep didn't seem to think they would have any in stock any time soon, but i suspect he was just clueless. Best buy did have Sprint GS3s in stock for sale. I am actually on Sprint but planning to switch because their network here is currently horrible and they won't give a straight answer on when it might improve.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I had this device preordered on Thursday right at 3 and now have it in my hands at if Saturday the 30th. Good luck guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Chris, when you preordered did you get an indication of when it would ship right away? Has anyone else preordered today and report how long it took to get a confirmation? If I could be sure it would be delivered on Tuesday, it might be worth delaying my trip by a day.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried both att store and best buy today in Phoenix. Neither had any idea when they might get phones in stock. The ATT rep didn't seem to think they would have any in stock any time soon, but i suspect he was just clueless. Best buy did have Sprint GS3s in stock for sale. I am actually on Sprint but planning to switch because their network here is currently horrible and they won't give a straight answer on when it might improve.

Pre-ordering might snag you a GS3 from AT&T more quickly as it has been rumored that the AT&T release date has been pushed back indefinitely.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Here is my online chat with ATT:

Peter: Welcome to AT&T wireless online sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

carl: what is the availability of the S3?
Peter: I'm happy to assist you with our phones and delivery information.
Peter: May I ask if you are currently an AT&T wireless customer?

carl: i am
Peter: Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Peter: We expect to ship orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III within 10 days based on available supply. Orders received after 3 p.m. CST will be processed the next business day. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.
carl: do you have any info on when local ATT corp stores will receive shipments? I am in the ATL market.
Peter: Unfortunately no I don't have any information on when local AT&T stores will have stock. I don't get information on in store availability or stock at all. You'd want to call or visit an AT&T store near you to find out when they expect to have it.
Peter: You can click here to find AT&T stores near you
carl: i visited my local store today and they didnt have any information.
Peter: Unfortunately that would mean that it is still uncertain. If there is anybody that could tell you when they're going to have it, it would be the in store staff.
carl: i appreciate the info.
Peter: I'm sorry to say we never have information on in store availability online - it's not just because it's a new phone.
Peter: You're welcome Carl!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is my online chat with ATT:

Peter: Welcome to AT&T wireless online sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

carl: what is the availability of the S3?
Peter: I'm happy to assist you with our phones and delivery information.
Peter: May I ask if you are currently an AT&T wireless customer?

carl: i am
Peter: Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Peter: We expect to ship orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III within 10 days based on available supply. Orders received after 3 p.m. CST will be processed the next business day. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship.
carl: do you have any info on when local ATT corp stores will receive shipments? I am in the ATL market.
Peter: Unfortunately no I don't have any information on when local AT&T stores will have stock. I don't get information on in store availability or stock at all. You'd want to call or visit an AT&T store near you to find out when they expect to have it.
Peter: You can click here to find AT&T stores near you
carl: i visited my local store today and they didnt have any information.
Peter: Unfortunately that would mean that it is still uncertain. If there is anybody that could tell you when they're going to have it, it would be the in store staff.
carl: i appreciate the info.
Peter: I'm sorry to say we never have information on in store availability online - it's not just because it's a new phone.
Peter: You're welcome Carl!

This doesn't sound too surprising as companies that large have divisions that have systems that aren't integrated very well if at all.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing the live chat support function is outsourced and they probably have less info than the store folks. When I go thru the process to upgrade a phone and select preorder for the S3, its says 'due today', but when I click to place the order, i get a pop up notice about the device should ship in 10 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware