Any luck at your local AT&T store -today- (non pre-orders)??

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My local AT&T said now they won't have them in stock until 7/11 so I pre-ordered. My confirmation email says it will ship within 10 days. I sure the heck hope its not going to take that long!

I believe all of us that are deciding to pre-order now from AT&T are getting that same email. Most people are reporting that the phone ships within a day or two. I ordered mine Friday. They shipped it the same day.

acsef

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T store still has no idea. Best Buy (and BB Mobile) didn't have it.

After much confusion and about 2 hours in store and an hour on the phone with AT&T, I was finally able to order my phone and it should be here in about two days. *sigh of relief*

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered Friday. ETA via tracking from UPS is Tuesday. I don't understand why everyone is wasting their time and gas checking at local stores. Phones are usually shipping out same day of order.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So today is July 1st. Are the AT&T corporate stores selling them?

Drove to my local larger corporate store thinking since today was release day (or so I thought I have not been following too close since I have a One X and was going in more to compare) and walked around not seeing any signage or display. Then asked about it and was advised how they physically didn't have one to display, only had seen pre orders and suggested if I was interested that I do that since it had been delayed a couple times and they didn't know when they would have any.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have my GS3 in hand (preordered on the 7th), but I went into the local corporate store this afternoon to see if they had any Otterbox cases in yet.

Nope, no cases, and they didn't have any GS3's either. The girl said they were supposed to have had the phones already. She didn't know when they were coming now.

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Ahh NUTZ!!!

I tried ordering my phone on ATT and they are completely sold out!!!! The CSR that helped me started by telling me that they had plenty in stock...then when she went to process the order, she mentioned that they are completely out of them in both colors and both sizes!!!!

I still have my VZW white 16gb on order but I prefer ATT at this point....

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ahh NUTZ!!!

I tried ordering my phone on ATT and they are completely sold out!!!! The CSR that helped me started by telling me that they had plenty in stock...then when she went to process the order, she mentioned that they are completely out of them in both colors and both sizes!!!!

I still have my VZW white 16gb on order but I prefer ATT at this point....

Samsung doesn't have anough devices to meet the demand. It's as simple as that and the reason the official in store launch date keeps being moved back. :(

Bubbamel

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have anough devices to meet the demand. It's as simple as that and the reason the official in store launch date keeps being moved back. :(

I agree... ATT should have done two things...

A) Not taken pre-orders, or take pre-orders later on until the initial allotment from Samsung was confirmed.

B) Make sure they saved up a good amount of surplus of the product first, then release a date that those phones would be available.

I believe AT&T botched this release. Sprint and Verizon seem to be a little wiser. Just my $.02.

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree... ATT should have done two things...

A) Not taken pre-orders, or take pre-orders later on until the initial allotment from Samsung was confirmed.

B) Make sure they saved up a good amount of surplus of the product first, then release a date that those phones would be available.

I believe AT&T botched this release. Sprint and Verizon seem to be a little wiser. Just my $.02.

Don't forget to add tmobile my friend just went in their store yesterday and he got it... No hassle. No nothing

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that ATT moves a lot of units, remember their iphone sales? Normally people are camping out days for 'the next best thing' so Im not surprised a phone gets sold out now and then....

Bubbamel

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that ATT moves a lot of units, remember their iphone sales? Normally people are camping out days for 'the next best thing' so Im not surprised a phone gets sold out now and then....

I would understand a sellout when AT&T receives units, but in the case that no one place can confirm they have received substantial amounts of units does not make it a sellout, it makes it a confusing situation.

Edit: Just noticed on the front page that AT&T finally announced Friday as being the instock date. It's about time.

Last edited:

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with an employee at the Smithfield, RI store yesterday and was told that their store probably wouldn't have Galaxy S III phones until Sunday. I was told that I could call today and check, but they weren't expecting any Galaxy S III phones today.

Capthowdyy

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Torrance, CA. Currently waiting for the AT&T store to open. They told me July 6th a couple days ago. Got one more hour to wait. There's no lines or other people parked here except for the Starbucks next door.

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just called the store in the Providence Place Mall in RI and I was told that they have "a ton" of the Galaxy S III phones, if anyone in the area is wanting one.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Sitting at the AT&T store right now waiting to pick up my S3. The only got one white S3 but one if my best friends works there so it was saved for me. Now I just need the other people to leave the store so I can get it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick