Any news about Nexus 7 (2014)/Nexus 8???

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
There will be a Nexus 8 this year if all the rumors are to be believed. It will also be the last Nexus tablet if rumors are to be believed.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
On the podcast last week, Jerry said that he would listen to the rumors about a Nexus 8.9 made by HTC.

Yea, saw that. In my opinion Jerry has inside Info from Google about it since he started off saying "No Comment" as the official rely to the question. Then Jerry worded it so that he only said to pay attention to THOSE HTC 8.9" rumors.

I have the old 2012 Nexus 7 (wi-fi only) that I traveled with every day tethered to my old phone with a 4.3" screen. However, after my new 5" Nexus 5 the screen was big enough to leave the N7 at home and skip the tethering stuff. Now I would have to have a bigger screen on the Nexus 7 to buy a new one since the old 2012 Nexus 7 is still running good that mainly gets use when I travel on the weekend and don't want to lug the laptop with me.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This is the rumor that got me thinking is the 2014 Nexus tablet could feature an Intel Bay Trail-T processor, and rumors suggest Google's next tablet could feature a resolution bump of 2560 x 1600.

What's more, this purported partnership slots in perfectly with HTC's plans to "disrupt" the traditional design of tablets and smartwatches. In February, we also heard that HTC had won the rights to produce a "high-end" Nexus tablet.

A Nexus 8 tablet has been said to arrive by mid-2014, which corroborates with the new details from the upstream supply sources. What little else we know is the tablet could feature an Intel Bay Trail-T processor, and rumors suggest Google's next tablet could feature a resolution bump of 2560 x 1600. Google may be tapping HTC to build premium 8-inch Nexus tablet | News | TechRadar

Then read this. Intel is launching at least 9 new Bay Trail-T chips for tablets

Intel will need to get to the Moorefield quad core if it will be in the Nexus tablet. I just see tablets going to 64bit soon since that is Androids next turn. I also think Media Teck that is already powering some 32bit Android phones could hit the street in the new Nexus Tablet. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...hipset-with-integrated-lte-at-mwc-2014-487675

Last edited:

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling I'm going to be holding on to my N7 for quite a while. I'm holding out hopes for a silver device made by Sony and don't want to get one by someone else and then have a Sony one appear out of nowhere