Any news on honeycomb?

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of glad it is being released there first. I hope there are no bugs, but if there are, they will hopefully know about them from this European release and have them fixed before it comes to the USA.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Flyer OTA Update:....this is translated from a foreign site....

"Our Flyer has finished the update now and we have some good news. As we mentioned the hardware buttons do not work any longer but the dedicated stylus button remains active. This isn't that surprising but the good news is that you can now use the stylus to navigate around the tablet and use it to do things like press buttons and scroll pages as well as draw."

Nice!!!!

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Because HoneyComb and ICS provide the buttons on screen.

I read not long ago that supposedly ICS will still enable hardware buttons on devices with hardware buttons (official builds of ICS, anyway), but I guess Google didn't really bother with that including that for Honeycomb since they expected tablets to be built around Honeycomb. Apparently HTC wasn't able to work around it. Poor Flyer.

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend that everyone checkout the jetstream before the update hits. I feel the jetstream run slower than naked HC tablets. And the jetstream is a dual-core tablet.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Not much else new to report yet.... But, here are some clarifications: HTC is sending this Honeycomb Update along with the newest "Sense for Tablets" and it is supposedly tailored to the Flyers 7 inch screen.

As for the Hardware Buttons.....No, they won't light up anymore or be useable. It would be a nightmare for the UI to have dual inputs, so they are disabled in HC. In ICS, (Mature Complete Honeycomb) it is Either/Or. In other words, on older devices, if you continue to use the Hardware Buttons, you won't get/see the new Software Buttons. There is no "Workaround" that HTC could have used....and if there was, you can bet they would have likely tweaked it into their "Sense" overlay.

For Myself, while I look forward to the new overall Customization, it is the Full Magic Pen support that I look forward to the most....and the thing that sets the Flyer apart and above almost any other Tablet. This is what we were Promised. Fingers Crossed.....D

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I had to email HTC support about something else today and I asked about Honeycomb at the same time. The response I got was "The Honeycomb update is currently in the works for the Wi-Fi Flyer, and it is only a matter of time now before it is released". Another promising sign!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I had to email HTC support about something else today and I asked about Honeycomb at the same time. The response I got was "The Honeycomb update is currently in the works for the Wi-Fi Flyer, and it is only a matter of time now before it is released". Another promising sign!

That is quite promising!!

Although I love the HC ROM I have running now, it's still not an official update for my Flyer and has a few issues (MyBackup doesn't work). Keepo us updated if you get more info from HTC :)

abuh

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The HC update (Flyer 3G) has reached the Eastern part of Europe -- just got the OTA here in Hungary. Need some time to get used to the setup and the looks, certain features worked out better for me in GB (like the handling of the set of homescreens), but I'll surely get used to it. Bootup is noticeably slower with HC than was with GB, but once it's up, I notice no slowness in anything.
Hope this update will soon roll out on other continents, and for the WiFi version.

dstrauss#IM

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's the text of the message I got last Friday...so I gave up and installed the leaked release...:mad:

Sent: December 23, 2011 6:53 AM
To: XXXXXXXXX
Cc: XXXXXXXXX
Subject: Regarding your message (11USCW52XXXXXXXX)

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for emailing HTC Technical Support regarding an update to the HTC Flyer.

The device should get a small maintenance release update very early in 2012 and Honeycomb sometime after that.

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause you, XXXX.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Reisa

HTC

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
surprising the evo view got it before the flyer..

let me tell ya, it feels snappier.. i like it a lot..

I'm assuming it's because Sprint is still selling View's and from what I've heard, it's pretty hard to get a Flyer from stores.

I would like to see some Flyer love though :p

dstrauss#IM

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
That's why I went with the third party HC update based on the released HC for Flyer. I got tired of waiting. In HTC speak (who sold the origianl Flyer WiFi last May it would updated shortly), my quess is my email reply from HTC above means POSSIBLY some HC love by Valentine's Day?:':)cool:

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
That's why I went with the third party HC update based on the released HC for Flyer. I got tired of waiting. In HTC speak (who sold the origianl Flyer WiFi last May it would updated shortly), my quess is my email reply from HTC above means POSSIBLY some HC love by Valentine's Day?:':)cool:

Which release is this? Can you give us a link?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anzarkv