Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

I'll be a beta tester on the GN5. Won't bother me. AT&T...if you are watching...let me know.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

AT&T is slowww lol. I know we all want a bug free MM experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This makes no sense

It makes total sense. Whenever MM is released, there will be game breaking bugs like no Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth, no cell service. These are things I have to have for work.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

It makes total sense. Whenever MM is released, there will be game breaking bugs like no Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth, no cell service. These are things I have to have for work.

This has not happened on ATT in the oat and even on other carriers it is very rare.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This has not happened on ATT in the oat and even on other carriers it is very rare.

It's not very rare. Verizon has had to release another update to fix the previous one. More than a few must have had these issues.

bovineman61

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

I just talked to a salesman at an AT&T store where I live and he was blaming Samsung. Funny cause Samsung released it to ALL the other carriers. If that was the case AT&T pissed off someone at Samsung to make us last in line.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

The LG V10 just got marshmallow on ATT. Maybe that could mean that it will come to us at some point

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Let's hope we get it! Soon. If and when it comes, please post your experience. Thanks

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

They should hold off as long as possible. No need to "fix" something that isn't broken.

Exactly the Note 5 on 5.1.1 runs just fine. I'm in no rush to get the update. Whenever the update is released is fine with me. I have never had any issues with an AT&T Android update and I would like to keep it that way. Why AT&T Note 5 users fill up the forums and comments sections with complaints blows my mind. It won't make AT&T release it any faster and calling AT&T asking when it will be released is a waste of time. When they are ready to release it they will

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I just talked to a salesman at an AT&T store where I live and he was blaming Samsung. Funny cause Samsung released it to ALL the other carriers. If that was the case AT&T pissed off someone at Samsung to make us last in line.

They're salesman. They usually don't have that information unless they actively look for it and even then, they usually don't know when the update is going to arrive until we do. How do I know? I worked for them.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I hope the update fixes my battery problem. I can't make it thru the day on one charge. I take it off the charger at 7am by 1 its at 35 percent.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I hope the update fixes my battery problem. I can't make it thru the day on one charge. I take it off the charger at 7am by 1 its at 35 percent.

Maybe you have a rouge app as I get great battery life, about 20hrs or so.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

It's not very rare. Verizon has had to release another update to fix the previous one. More than a few must have had these issues.

Yep and they fixed it. Gotta be ignorant if you think that a carrier would purposely release a bad update, or even allow a bad update to linger more than a short time. If the phone becomes unusable, then no one will use it, and the carriers get their money from people using their phones. Not to mention potential civil legal issues, and other such problems.

Do these kinds of bugs happen, yep, they do. Are they rare and usually fixed very quickly...yep.