any one think the nexus 5X is a downgrade over the nexus 5?

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
well got me a nexus 5 on swappa for a good deal it well go well with my nexus 9 tablet i am fully neuxs fan any ways dos any one think that the new nexus 5X is more like a downgrade over the nexus 5? any one has a new nexus 5X wish do you per fer nexus 5X or nexus 5 has far has speed gos

the new nexus 5X has a 1.44 snapdragon 808 CPU why the old nexus 5 has a 2.3 800 snapdragon CPU it i saw some youtub video and speed test on the nexus 5 with android 6.01 and it seems the nexus 5 is march faster then on the new nexus 5X so if you haveing to pick wish would you used the new nexus 5X or the old nexus 5?

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you the 5X's camera and screen are much better. If that's not important to you, you can save a lot of money by staying with the Nexus 5. And yeah, the original N5 is still a pretty darn fast phone. The snapdragon 800 will be relevant for quite a while.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, in many ways. I bought a Nexus 5X to replace my Jan 2015 Nexus 5. Initially I thought the issues would be sorted out with software updates. I've had around 3 updates and am now on 6.01. Frequently when I tap an icon or button there is a short delay before anything happens, connecting to known bluetooth speakers/car audio does not always happen and often requires bluetooth to be switched off an on again and there are glitches and lags all over the place, sometimes requiring a reboot.

Today in frustration I popped my SIM into my Nexus 5 and was blown away by how smooth and fast that phone is. I know the Nexus 5x has a better camera and fingerprint sensor, but it lacks QI charging which I always loved.

I put my 5x up for sale.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
>"any one think the nexus 5X is a downgrade over the nexus 5?

Yes. No wireless charging = no interest. Plus it is more expensive, and larger. Don't care at all about a fingerprint sensor or USB C.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a N5, but the 5X is a great handset. It's ridiculously light. I don't even notice the phone in my pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali