Any way to remove NFC and alarm clock from status bar without root?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hmm..... My NFC has been on for a week and my daily alarm is always set. And I have nothing about these showing on the screen.

:cool: @oneformula: Like other members said the NFC + AoD=Always on Display
can Not be Deleted but let us disabled them: Sadly we've no choice of decide
which default apps to keep,.These 2apps are highly used, so better kepthem

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You should definitely have the option to show our hide any of them. It should be like the notifications area on the Windows taskbar.

Android includes the ability to show/hide icons such as NFC and alarms, it's called System UI Tuner. However, Samsung chooses not to allow its users to benefit from this feature. System UI Tuner also allows folks to have the battery % embedded inside the battery icon, so you get the best of both worlds.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Android includes the ability to show/hide icons such as NFC and alarms, it's called System UI Tuner. However, Samsung chooses not to allow its users to benefit from this feature. System UI Tuner also allows folks to have the battery % embedded inside the battery icon, so you get the best of both worlds.
Agreed on System UI Tuner access. Come on Samsung.

But Google's battery % is tiny font. In that regard Samsung improved that.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
One of the many things I love about Samsung Pay is the fact that you don't need to keep NFC on. Samsung Pay will automatically turn NFC on and back off once completed.

wolosyks

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about NFC but this command inside of an ADB shell will remove the alarm clock.
$ adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist alarm_clock

To remove the blacklist:
$ adb shell settings delete secure icon_blacklist

Below is a mapping of the icon names to their Settings description:

Name | Settings Description
cast | Cast
hotspot | Hotspot
bluetooth | Bluetooth
zen | Do not disturb
alarm_clock | Alarm
managed_profile | Work profile
wifi | Wi-Fi
ethernet Ehternet
mobile Cellular Data
airplane Airplane Mode

Theoretically, if you wanted to remove all of the icons:
$ adb shell settings get secure icon_blacklist mobile,airplane,managed_profile,zen,cast,wifi,alarm_clock,hotspot,bluetooth

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... I don't have an NFC icon... Right?

Have unlocked model.
690a58d8cfb80357d50276e73cf2071e.jpg
9f5e861ce5a945bf69719b38d6a4c750.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Curious So I turned on NFC. No icon for me either... Using Nova launcher on US unlocked S8. I know it was visible when I set the phone up. Wierd

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh. I should have mentioned I am using Action Launcher but I'm not aware of any setting that lets me change the NFC icon visibility.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I never turn on my NFC and I have never had a problem pairing any Bluetooth devices, and I have about 5 right now paired to the phone, so am I missing something here?

About Android Pay yes, that's a most, but that's why Samsung Pay is so good, obviously if you have a participant bank and card then it makes no sense to use Android Pay over Samsung Pay because SP will work wherever Android Pay works on those NFC tap and pay terminals in addition to the rest (most of them really) of regular magnetic stripe readers. It even turns NFC on temporarily when needed if it turns off, great little feature. I can't forget to mention the Samsung Rewards program and the new deals you can get from tons of merchants online and in Stores.
Nfc of not needed to pair devices it's just cool to do so.
I tried Samsung pay and didn't like it. I have had several issues with it. I am used to Android pay and prefer it. Plus it has all my rewards and loyalty cards in there already from previous phones.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I miss it so much from my one plus 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness