Any way to silence gmail alert individually?

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
On my past Android phones, there has always been a way to tell gmail to never do audible alerts...instead, vibrate only, or only display the gmail icon in the notification bar. I don't see that option in the gmail app on the Bionic. I want to be able to have volume on for alerts on SMS and phone calls, but NOT for emails. I get way too many. Is it just me, or is this missing??

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
On my past Android phones, there has always been a way to tell gmail to never do audible alerts...instead, vibrate only, or only display the gmail icon in the notification bar. I don't see that option in the gmail app on the Bionic. I want to be able to have volume on for alerts on SMS and phone calls, but NOT for emails. I get way too many. Is it just me, or is this missing??

I looked for a while... and found it :)

Open GMAIL. Click the options button to bring up your menu, click 'more', then go to 'settings'-->Click the account you want to change--->Scroll ALL the way to the bottom. The option for sound is in the 'Labels to notify' button. Click that, then click 'Inbox'... NOW you can set the ringtone to 'silent'.

There.. that was only 87 simple clicks haha.

I dont think I missed a step, but if I did, PM me so I see the popup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber