any way to undo stupid update?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It appears your issues are all over the place. Not sure where to pin point the problem. I would contact your carrier and/or LG and see what they can do since you're still under warranty.

Better yet, post your battery usage...

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I charged my phone since then, but here is my current one if that helps? I At 86%

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8996.jpg
    8996.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 68

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
At 32% battery and my screen brightness is set to 38%. Does this help? This is after it was idle overnight.

Attachments

• 9026.jpg
    9026.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 82

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, based on those screen shots, you're getting good battery life. Are you not getting a full day? There is nothing using your battery excessively. The screen is #1 @ 41% which is around 3 hours. How often do you charge?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, based on what I see you are getting through the day just fine. Do you charge while you sleep? How much better was it before?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I usually run low mid day. I usually charge before I go to bed. Usually buy the time I get up, my phone is between 80 to 95 %. Depends on if I go on a little before bed. I go on a bit in the morning. Check facebook, some forums etc. By mid to late afternoon, I have to charge. I'm Below 15%.

Before the update, I could run all day and not have to charge till early evening.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I usually run low mid day. I usually charge before I go to bed. Usually buy the time I get up, my phone is between 80 to 95 %. Depends on if I go on a little before bed. I go on a bit in the morning. Check facebook, some forums etc. By mid to late afternoon, I have to charge. I'm Below 15%.

Before the update, I could run all day and not have to charge till early evening.

How is your LTE signal? Are you ever in areas of poor LTE? If this is a possibility, for one battery cycle turn off LTE and see if there's any change.
In other words, select "Network mode:GSM/WCDMA auto"

There is likely a 6.0 bug - excessive battery used when hunting for LTE under MM as opposed to Lollipop.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi Joey... Hope you get to the bottom of this real soon.

It should be mentioned that the screen is brighter with MM, at least with the Verizon update. Not more efficient mind you, just brighter. So the screen consumes more amp/hours from the battery. I do not have any way to measure any of this before and after the MM update, but myself and several other users in the Verizon-MM thread have noticed this. So at least in theory MM-V should be consuming more on-screen battery, with the same brightness settings. Personally I have had to dim my MM screen more than LP, particularly indoors or moderate ambient outdoor light.

I also make it habit to turn off the cellular radio and location when I am at home under wifi. My whole neighborhood / city is a very weak Verizon coverage area. (people keep voting down the local ballot measures to construct cell towers).

The other thing I am in the habit of doing is clearing cache regularly, sometimes a couple times a day. I find that it makes my background running apps more efficient, yet still running properly in RAM.

If you are using one of those battery boosters, memory booster or RAM booster apps... don't. Let Android manage these functions without outside interference.

Hope this helps!!

Hey... how are you able to use facebook without it running rogue in the background? I had to uninstall it and I now access FB with the tinfoil wrapper, in my case FB was using too much battery resource for no real beneficial reason. It was usually my most heavily consuming app next to cellular standby.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. What do you keep your screen brightness at? Do you auto?

Mine is at 30% and auto is off.

Do you use an app to clear the cache? If so, what is it please?

I do not use a battery booster.

As far as facebook, I just use a bookmark to get to it. The app is a battery killer from way back to my Samsung days.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
"Reduce screen brightness or screen timeout"... Hmmm... I wonder what that means? Oh, yeah, I need to get rid of the stupid update because my battery charge isn't holding up.
I would start by setting the screen brightness setting to "Auto". See if that helps. Screen timeout at 30secs rarely causes me issues.

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. What do you keep your screen brightness at? Do you auto?

Mine is at 30% and auto is off.

Do you use an app to clear the cache? If so, what is it please?

I do not use a battery booster.

As far as facebook, I just use a bookmark to get to it. The app is a battery killer from way back to my Samsung days.

I set my screen brightness to Auto most of the time. In cases where thats too bright I will manually set it to a lower value.
I manually clear cache... Although I do not clear it as often as I mention above. I was noticing some text sync problems with my moto-360 / Android Wear watch, so I do not clear cache that often anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards