any way to undo stupid update?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
This damn update ruined everything about my phone. It was running like a well oiled machine before the update. Now battery life is bad, finger print scanner started getting real bad, some apps don't work right. I HATE IT AND WHAT IT DID TO MY FLAWLESS PHONE!!! And no, I'm not rooted. :(

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Also, giving us some more detailed information on your problems will help us help you.

How long ago did you update? And honestly, doing a factory reset may be the first and easiest route to go. Make sure you back up with LG Bridge before you do to make it easier and quicker.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to the answer to your specific question, "is there any way to undo this update"--that is, is there any way for you to go back to the factory 5.1.1 load.

There may not be. But I'd sure like to know if there is.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't a factory reset reset it to Marshmallow anyway? My phone did hiccup at first after the update but now it runs nicely and the fingerprint reader actually works better. The only issue I have is the stupid LG Health sync that was a problem before 6.0

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The only way to undo the Marshmallow update would be to flash a Lollipop ROM. Whether or not that is possible will depend on which carrier variant your device happens to be.

FDR will not remove the current Marshmallow ROM that is installed. It will just remove any user data.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Check over at XDA... I think you can... That said factory reset it and most of your issues will be gone..

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I already did a factory reset because after the update I kept getting a pop up every few seconds with error in gallery. I forget the exact problem, but I started a thread here and it was suggested to do a reset when All else failed. So a reset had been done already.

Also after the update, every time I charge my phone my Wi-Fi turns off. Could be because I use the app unlock with Wi-Fi, but the point is, it was fine before.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
This damn update ruined everything about my phone. It was running like a well oiled machine before the update. Now battery life is bad, finger print scanner started getting real bad, some apps don't work right. I HATE IT AND WHAT IT DID TO MY FLAWLESS PHONE!!! And no, I'm not rooted. :(

The update went very smooth for me. You likely have an app or setting problem that can be resolved or will work itself out over time. I migrated from a G4, luckily the update for 6.0 was waiting for me, and it's been 100% solid.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I already did a factory reset because after the update I kept getting a pop up every few seconds with error in gallery. I forget the exact problem, but I started a thread here and it was suggested to do a reset when All else failed. So a reset had been done already.

Also after the update, every time I charge my phone my Wi-Fi turns off. Could be because I use the app unlock with Wi-Fi, but the point is, it was fine before.

Does the WiFi turn off when you are not using the phone? Do you have any other battery saving as installed? What other issues are you having?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
In advance wifi under settings , what do you have set for 'keep wifi on when screen is off'?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes... I have that set correctly. It's every since the update. I wonder if I should do another reset. I'm not sure which reset I did. I know I lost everything when I did it.

Also no extra battery saving apps installed.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's most likely your app hasn't been updated to MM yet.. Try uninstalling it and see if this corrects the issue then download it again and see if it comes back. If it comes back then you know that it's the app messing up.

Crap happens when you update the OS so you need to be prepared to take the time to sort things out. Not all applications play nice all the time.

You have to way the options on every update especially when you have a "flawless phone" to begin with..

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes... I have that set correctly. It's every since the update. I wonder if I should do another reset. I'm not sure which reset I did. I know I lost everything when I did it.

Also no extra battery saving apps installed.

Why didn't you use lg backup and lg restore.. You loose nothing that way

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I was so frustrated because the error popped up every second I could not do any thing. It took forever to get into the settings let alone try and back everything up. Should have backed up before... Live and learn. My battery life is horrible after the update... Just horrible. I'm so angry how the Phone is ruined compared to how great it was. I want it back to the way it was....

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I was so frustrated because the error popped up every second I could not do any thing. It took forever to get into the settings let alone try and back everything up. Should have backed up before... Live and learn. My battery life is horrible after the update... Just horrible. I'm so angry how the Phone is ruined compared to how great it was. I want it back to the way it was....

If you are backing up after the update you are only going to have issues with whatever is causing the problem.

Do a full reset without apps or data. Move your pictures off the phone before you do this, then wipe everything including your SD card. Start 100% fresh.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have had the update for over a month.

Again, everything installed is fresh since I did not back up my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards