Any ways to block apps in my mobile phone?

Rapper Ronado

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site
I want to block the apps Facebook, Instagram, tiktok but enable messenger app. Is there any way I can achieve this. Whenever I open those apps, I can't get off of it easily. What I want is, once I setup, I should not be able to access those apps whatever I try.

The idea I had was to block these websites in router but I want to be able to use messenger app and adding facebook.com in blacklist disables the messenger too. Any help is appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't use any of those apps, so I can't say for sure -- but can't you just uninstall the apps you don't want to use? Or are they preinstalled on the phone and unremovable?

Facebook Messenger is so integrated with Facebook that it might require its installation to work properly, but I'm sure someone else on this forum can answer that more accurately.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Do you have digital wellbeing & parental controls? I believe you can set limitations using the parental controls. The only thing is that you are the parent essentially so it all really comes down to self discipline unless someone else is enforcing it. It's too easy to justify things to ourselves.

tauruspioneer10

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
I have the Messenger app up and running without the FB app installed at all. So, I can confirm it works that way. I haven't tried Insta or TikTok and probably never will...