Anybody else still not have Lollipop on the Wifi-Only version?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the Lollipop OTA on my Wifi-Only 2012 Nexus 7. Who else is in the same boat? I'm not rooted.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get it until I did a factory reset. Was going to sideload it, wiped it before unlocking the bootloader, and it showed up. If you don't mind a factory reset, that might make it pop up.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not here either. I don't really mind. I got it on my Nexus 5. No more gallery and the Photos replacement doesn't access my picasaweb albums.

mntbighker

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here, and I already did one full reset a week ago. I still wonder if being on Comcast's network plays into it.

I just now did another factory reset and also connected to a VPN and still no LP. I really don't want to root this thing either.

Last edited:

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Careful what you wish for. 5.0 turned my 7 into a lag ridden useless paperweight. I clean installed it, cleared cache, disabled nova, blah blah blah. Nothing worked. I will be rooting it and put back kitkat.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Careful what you wish for. 5.0 turned my 7 into a lag ridden useless paperweight. I clean installed it, cleared cache, disabled nova, blah blah blah. Nothing worked. I will be rooting it and put back kitkat.
This. Lots of problems reported & (hopefully) might explain why it's not being pushed out across the board. "Maybe" they decided it needs some tweaking.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
No update yet for me either

Posted via Android Central App
I got mine for the old Nexus 7 by using Wug's toolkit. I got another for my wife's Nexus 10 from Google. From Google my Nexus 10 bricked except for booting the bootloader with an error message. I forgot it was unlocked and the new way the update is done will do this as it is one lump of data; not individual files. Must be pure as sold stock.
Not here either. I don't really mind. I got it on my Nexus 5. No more gallery and the Photos replacement doesn't access my picasaweb albums.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My old Nexus 7 was fine sideloading with Wug's toolkit. Carefull not to have it unlocked if you get it from Google. My Nexus 10 is toast.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting... Got it on my vzw moto x 2014 recently so I can at least check it out

Posted via Android Central App

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Nothing here either I'm guessing that Google have pulled the update for Android 5 on this tablet whilst they make the required bug fixes in light of the complaints they have received about it

Posted via the Android Central App

andyhurley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on my 7 yet either but had it on the 5 for a couple of weeks.

No hurry but I live in hope that iPlayer will work now - fed up with downloaded files not playing properly past 10 minutes on the 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid