Anybody Thinking of Switch to V20?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used an S7 Edge? Would that be comparable if you don't really use the S-pen?
I had the S7 Edge. If you don't use the s-pen then yes it is a good choice. I like the curved display of the Note 7 way better but that is my personal preference.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, but t mobile is offering their users that plus a phone of comparable value until the new notes come in. I don't want to get a refund. I want to keep this phone. I don't want to start using a different one unless I'm guaranteed a note 7 when the replacement comes in.

I want to keep my phone too. Like I said unlikely anyone here will ever have a battery problem but I'm worried about resale and trade in value and since Tmobile is offering to swap for a newer Note 7 I will jump all over it. No reason not to. I still want to see what the V20 brings but after all the complaints about the G5 I'm really hesitant of rolling the dice and being stuck with a crap phone. I know what I'm getting with Samsung.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the S7 Edge. If you don't use the s-pen then yes it is a good choice. I like the curved display of the Note 7 way better but that is my personal preference.
There's already an OtterBox Defender for the S7 Edge and I work in a warehouse so I've had to be super extremely mega careful with the Note 7 because none of the tempered glass protectors work and there's no cases with built in screen protectors yet. The OtterBox for the Note 7 doesn't come out for months. I do use a ds emulator which I would need a stylus for but I'm sure I can get a 3rd party stylus just for that. I don't draw or do anything else like that.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used an S7 Edge? Would that be comparable if you don't really use the S-pen?

I went to the Note 7 from the S7e and yes it's pretty comparable without S-pen. Besides the slightly different form factor, the edge doesn't have iris scanner and only 32gb on board storage and some other minor, neglible things. I will also say the edge feels lot more sturdy to me. But yes I would say besides s pen the rest is really a wash because they aren't major things to me that can't be accounted for or aren't that important.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
V20 I believe will be too big for my tastes. The iPhone 6s Plus is too big for my taste. The Note 7 was right beyond the edge of my limit... but am willing to accept.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Note 7 from the S7e and yes it's pretty comparable without S-pen. Besides the slightly different form factor, the edge doesn't have iris scanner and only 32gb on board storage and some other minor, neglible things. I will also say the edge feels lot more sturdy to me. But yes I would say besides s pen the rest is really a wash because they aren't major things to me that can't be accounted for or aren't that important.
I have a 128 GB SD card and I upgraded from the Note 4 to the Note 7 and already have all the apps on it I want and still haven't used that much storage. I wonder then if the S7 Edge will be a good phone for me. I will go to the store and look at one.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I was considering at least checking it out, but after using the S Pen for the 2 weeks I've had this phone, I don't know that I would be happy with anything else right now. I had the V10, liked the camera and build quality a lot, but the battery life was not up to par and even compared to the Note, it's a huge phone and was difficult for me to manage with one hand.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The major differences for me that make the S7 Edge a deal-breaker is only 32 gigabytes of memory instead of 64 and no SD card. No chance that I'm switching to the Edge. Otherwise they are very similar devices.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There's already an OtterBox Defender for the S7 Edge and I work in a warehouse so I've had to be super extremely mega careful with the Note 7 because none of the tempered glass protectors work and there's no cases with built in screen protectors yet. The OtterBox for the Note 7 doesn't come out for months. I do use a ds emulator which I would need a stylus for but I'm sure I can get a 3rd party stylus just for that. I don't draw or do anything else like that.

I think the Note 7 will have the Defender out soon. Amazon is back up to full price now so I think it will be soon. Also Tech 21 Evo tactical XT is a solid case too. no screen protector but closest thing to a Defender right now. Might want to give it a look until the Defender is out.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
It's all leaks and speculation, but based on what I've seen of the V20 to this point, I won't be switching to it. If their conference on Tuesday shows something new and exciting, then I'll reconsider, but it seems like everything is known about the phone already, from design (not a fan, compared to the note) to the specs.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why would we have to go without a phone? My guess is Samsung will ship the replacement phones to Verizon and you will exchange your phone when it's your turn, makes the most sense.

On a sidenote, keep your phones in good shape, you go in with a broken screen your probably going to be SOL. I am sure Samsung will be replacing the batteries on the old phones and use them as refurbs for warranty replacements. Assurion should be getting some refurbs soon, lol.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would we have to go without a phone? My guess is Samsung will ship the replacement phones to Verizon and you will exchange your phone when it's your turn, makes the most sense.

On a sidenote, keep your phones in good shape, you go in with a broken screen your probably going to be SOL. I am sure Samsung will be replacing the batteries on the old phones and use them as refurbs for warranty replacements. Assurion should be getting some refurbs soon, lol.
I doubt you could be SOL with a broken screen in this situation. They will still have to take it back. Why couldn't someone with a broken screen say the phone got so hot on the charger I dropped it? They aren't going to fight that.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Things I like with the V20 :-

Dual camera (normal & wide angle)
Removable battery
Flat screen edge

We will know more in just 3 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member