Anybody Try the Google Now Launcher on their M8?

Darren Mather

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just put Google Now launcher on now, as had been missing the UI from the Nexus5 my wife decided was gonna be hers!

Camera issues now fixed, as stated above. Just move it off your homescreen and put it back on again. This will enable the Duo Camera again, which is infinitely preferable to the stock Google camera app. There were a couple issues with the SD card, but was able to format and mount again, and working great now. Fortunately nothing on there I hadn't backed up already.

Its a lot of trouble to go to, but the little things matter. Stupid things that I know shouldn't, liking left to right scrolling in the App drawer!! Who at HTC thought to change that, just for the sake of it? For the love of God, man, why? Yes, I admit I have issues, and should go out more...

What I will say about Sense is that setting up folders on homescreen is far better than stock android. I love using the + button in the folder and just selecting apps from a list to import to folders, rather than doing it manually. If I'm missing an easy way to do it on the Google Now launcher, someone please let me know.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Haha yeah that's one thing I was missing kept going to swipe right to left but am really enjoying the stock android for now will give it a month or so n will probably have a play with nova or something but am liking gnl right now

Posted via Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just put Google Now launcher on now, as had been missing the UI from the Nexus5 my wife decided was gonna be hers!

Camera issues now fixed, as stated above. Just move it off your homescreen and put it back on again. This will enable the Duo Camera again, which is infinitely preferable to the stock Google camera app. There were a couple issues with the SD card, but was able to format and mount again, and working great now. Fortunately nothing on there I hadn't backed up already.

Its a lot of trouble to go to, but the little things matter. Stupid things that I know shouldn't, liking left to right scrolling in the App drawer!! Who at HTC thought to change that, just for the sake of it? For the love of God, man, why? Yes, I admit I have issues, and should go out more...

What I will say about Sense is that setting up folders on homescreen is far better than stock android. I love using the + button in the folder and just selecting apps from a list to import to folders, rather than doing it manually. If I'm missing an easy way to do it on the Google Now launcher, someone please let me know.

Out if interest, what were your SD issues? NY google play music has been playing up, keeps saying my SD card has been disconnected when it hasn't. Not sure if there's a link but it was fine until I started using the google now launcher. Have tried reformatting the card to see if that helps

Posted via Android Central App

BenjiGribben

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who downloads this and losses the option to video record on their camera just remove the camera from the homescreen and put it back on and the video option will appear again! ☺ 📷

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Been using it now for a couple of weeks. No problems and smooth as silk. HTC's BlinkFeed Launcher was also good, but I didn't really use the Blink Feed app. I use Flipboard for news/social feed reader (usually at night) and I use Google Now cards more often throughout the day.

The one thing I really did like in HTC's launcher was the ability to create folders in the app drawer.

View attachment 114367

Does anybody know what weather widget that is? That is exactly what I have been looking for.