Anyone come from iOS

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use both. Started with the 3G on iPhone. I think the HTC One M8 was the first Android phone I had. The longest I've ever kept using Android as my daily was last year's Note 10+ I used it a full year, then traded up for the 20 Ultra. I've generally ended back up on iOS after about 6 months. I have 3 lines. My Note 20 Ultra on my main line, then my OnePlus 8 on the second, and my XS Max on the 3rd. I literally only use my XS Max for an old group chat I've been a part of for years. Everything else has been migrated over to Android.

I'm not like the drug dealing @mustang7757 though. ;) I never carry more than 2 at a time.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was a jumper up until the 8plus iphone x. After that I was strictly ios through the iphone 11 pro max. Had that phone until may of this year and upgraded a second line to the s20 ultra. I found myself using the iphone less and less until I wasn't using it or my apple watch at all. Got the active 2 to go with the s20 ultra and sold everything else. Iphone 11 pro max apple watch and airports pro. Ran just the ultra till the note 20 ultra came out then picked this up traded in the active 2 for the watch 3 and got the buds live. I'm fully out of ios eco system except ipad pro and apple tv for the movies I bought with itunes and I gotta say I'm loving this phone. Only thing I miss from the iphone is the battery life. It's good on the note but still can't compare to the 11 pro max.

johnsamuels

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've made the switch several times. My only complaint is I was never concerned whether the battery on my iPhone Pro Max would make it through the day or not. Now I find myself consistently calculating if my Exynos Ultra will survive or need a late afternoon energy boost. Wish we could get the SD version with matching 5G frequencies here in Italy.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
After using IOS 14 beta on my 11 I can honestly say that Android is light years ahead of Apple. The OS is so much better less finger movement and gestures to move around. Also much faster devices. This new note is so smooth and fast it's not funny. I have decided to stay with Android and sell my 11.
I also picked up the watch 3 which is a big improvement over the series 5 from apple loving the combination of devices.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've made the switch several times. My only complaint is I was never concerned whether the battery on my iPhone Pro Max would make it through the day or not. Now I find myself consistently calculating if my Exynos Ultra will survive or need a late afternoon energy boost. Wish we could get the SD version with matching 5G frequencies here in Italy.

^^ I can totally relate! The 11 pro max has me completely spoiled with regard to battery life. And that is the reason why I’ll keep it as my backup.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I tend to like both OSes, but I like the changes Android is making more than the changes iOS is making as time goes on. iOS is solid, it's just I don't like the aesthetic decisions they've been making. As far as Tizen vs. WatchOS I think I still like WatchOS better than Tizen as an OS. It's more attractive to me, and much more functional. I like the design of a couple of Samsung watches (S3 Frontier specifically) better than Apple's, however the OS isn't nearly as polished.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Andriod as personal but forced to use an iPhone XR for work (po-po) and it's killing me. Why can't I use a darn keyboard with iTurd that has the punctuation on the keyboard. I use Gboard with my S20+ and N20U and everything is right there. I guess Apple has to make it tough.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I use Andriod as personal but forced to use an iPhone XR for work (po-po) and it's killing me. Why can't I use a darn keyboard with iTurd that has the punctuation on the keyboard. I use Gboard with my S20+ and N20U and everything is right there. I guess Apple has to make it tough.
Install gboard onto your iphone

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the new gestures on Android?? I switched on the gestures after a couple of people here mentioned I can use the swipe back like on iOS to swipe back pages and apps... and honestly i feel they are pretty close.

I actually didn't like the change of losing the home button on my iPad 11" Pro and using the gestures to pull up all apps and such but gotten use to it. IMO, they share pretty much the same main gestures. I think iOS gestures have a more "polished" feel to movement though. I kinda wanna go back to the three button on my Note but I'm sticking with it to give it a good chance cause I really like the swipe back.

One thing I'd like to see Android do and I know it sounds tiny but... the swipe back... if they could add the animation iOS does.

As far as OP main question. I've made the switch back and forth a couple of times... iPhone 1 was my first smartphone and after 3gs and 4s wanted to play with the Nexus 4. Then LG G2 and G3 and then had to go back to iPhone for a bit and then to Note 8 and Note20U. I like both platforms. Don't really have an issue going back and forth... they all run the same apps exactly the same. I like both UI's but stick with iPads for tablets and think iOS is better for tablet than others that have tried to be a both a tablet and computer. Enjoying the N20U but have no doubt I'd be ok with the Iphone 12 Pro if I wasn't feeling the Note20U.

After using IOS 14 beta on my 11 I can honestly say that Android is light years ahead of Apple. The OS is so much better less finger movement and gestures to move around. Also much faster devices. This new note is so smooth and fast it's not funny. I have decided to stay with Android and sell my 11.
I also picked up the watch 3 which is a big improvement over the series 5 from apple loving the combination of devices.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
One thing I'd like to see Android do and I know it sounds tiny but... the swipe back... if they could add the animation iOS does.

I feel like animations are one of those things Apple spends extra time on to get them just the way they want them. Some people hate them and think they're too slow, but I think iOS animations are really polished.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I feel like animations are one of those things Apple spends extra time on to get them just the way they want them. Some people hate them and think they're too slow, but I think iOS animations are really polished.
They are polished!

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Came from an iPhone 11 and enjoying it. It's superior in every way. I fly drones and it's perfect for it. Bigger, brighter screen. I briefly had an iPhone 11 pro max before returning. I'm my opinion this beats that too. Phone has so many features.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone came over from iOS and has been on Android for a while. Not looking for traditional phone jumpers who switch phones every month. How are you enjoying the N20U?

When I first switch from IOS to Android, it was difficult to learn. However, because I am now using both daily one for work and one personal. It's natural for me where things are. I find the IOS is rather boring after using Android.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have it installed, but the punctuation doesn't show on the letter keys...i.e. long press to get a question mark, etc.

Not sure if you saw my above post. I meant to quote you in it instead of myself. Haha! If you long press the period key it'll bring up punctuation on iOS.