Anyone coming from the M8? Is it really worth it?

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I went from the M8 to the 10 and I have been really happy with the switch. Like some others have said, I feel like the front facing speakers on the M8 were a little better, but the 10 still sounds miles ahead of pretty much any other smartphone I've heard.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Loved my M8, and still do since I use it for work listening to music as I dont want to dirty up my 10. But I have zero regrets. As much as I loved the M8, which was alot, the 10 is that much better in pretty much every aspect. The speakers can be debated but I have no issues with either setup. The 10s setup works quite well and sounds very good, be it a different sound when compared to the M8. Both sound better than any other smartphone Ive tried.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The speakers are a bit quiet but of very good quality... The sound is quite full and rich for smartphone speakers.

The magic happens once you plug in quality headphones though. Boomsound... Wow.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The speakers are a bit quiet but of very good quality... The sound is quite full and rich for smartphone speakers.

The magic happens once you plug in quality headphones though. Boomsound... Wow.
But do you agree that with decent headphones the M8 already had better sound quality than most smartphones? I came from the Galaxy S4 and the difference was night and day.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I didn't have an HTC before this one so I can't comment. I had an Xperia Z3 and then a BlackBerry Priv which died in the sea.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
But do you agree that with decent headphones the M8 already had better sound quality than most smartphones? I came from the Galaxy S4 and the difference was night and day.
I had the M8 Harmon Kardon edition and it sounded great. The M10 is hands down better than that. (I'm an Audio Engineer for a living...)

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the M8 Harmon Kardon edition and it sounded great. The M10 is hands down better than that. (I'm an Audio Engineer for a living...)
Thank you! I normally use the in ear Xiaomi Piston 3 headphones, which head-fi.org users recommend for the price. Have you tried those? Do you recommend something else which is much better under the 60 bucks budget?
Cheers

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I normally use the in ear Xiaomi Piston 3 headphones, which head-fi.org users recommend for the price. Have you tried those? Do you recommend something else which is much better under the 60 bucks budget?
Cheers
Honestly, any quality headphone or ear buds can sound good since you are able to go in and do a custom profile for each one. Its frequency specific, so you can compensate for your earphone or ears shortcomings. I use my cheap HTC M9 ear buds riding my bike and they sound good. I use my Shure SE 535's ($600) just for the fun of it sometimes too....