Anyone currently using a phone older than 2 years?

mthomp8984

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
iPhone SE, release date March, 2016. Other than the camera and battery, the hardware seems to be the same as the iPhones 6S which came out in September, 2015.

iPhone 7, 7S, 8, X, 8S, and XS have all preceded it.

It has the latest firmware, runs great, very fast. I just hope the guys that do the jailbreaking will catch up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It finally arrived close to 8:00 last night during the Halloween madness so not much time to play with it. I've spent the better part of the day getting things moved over from the other phone and getting things in some sort of a basic setup but no customizations yet. I did find that my Swiftkey app was disabled and I wasn't able to set it up as the default keyboard. I ended up uninstalling and the reinstalling from the play store and all is good now.

I'll start checking out other peoples screens to see what they've done now that I'm at least functional.

I'm so glad you got it! And I agree with you - the first day or so is always spent on trying everything functional and at equilibrium, so to speak. Checking out other users' homescreens to get ideas is a smart move!

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Im currently using using both the Essential phone and the LG V20. Both are great and see no need to buy anything newer. Lg v20 running oreo and essential running pie.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My V20 just a little ober 2 yrs old just got Oreo. It was better before update but that's a different argument

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
GAH!

I just downloaded Shadowgun Legends and it's really taxing the performance of my V20. I really don't want to upgrade, but looks like games are finally pushing its limits.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
GAH!

I just downloaded Shadowgun Legends and it's really taxing the performance of my V20. I really don't want to upgrade, but looks like games are finally pushing its limits.
I'm not a gamer but oreo has taxed the phone on its own. Freezes sometimes when charging or for no reason. I unfreeze by hitting settingz shortcut on second screen. It remains active when main screen freezes.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a gamer but oreo has taxed the phone on its own. Freezes sometimes when charging or for no reason. I unfreeze by hitting settingz shortcut on second screen. It remains active when main screen freezes.
I think I've figured out how to keep Oreo off this phone. Verizon has a history of forcing updates, but looks like it's blockable on this phone by force closing the System Updates apps whenever the update notice pops up. It lasts until a reboot.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I've figured out how to keep Oreo off this phone. Verizon has a history of forcing updates, but looks like it's blockable on this phone by force closing the System Updates apps whenever the update notice pops up. It lasts until a reboot.
Too late for me! LOL

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Up until 3 weeks ago I was quite happily using a 1st gen Moto G from March 2014. Battery was totally shot a couple of weeks before this so was forced to buy a new phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently texting (in a Hangouts window in Firefox) with a lady using my old Note 3 - over 5 years old. And like brand new, except that it's probably going to need a battery soon. I have a table of 2 and 3 year old Android TracFones - all working. (Even my old Motorola V551 - pre-smartphone, from about 2004, still works.)