Anyone currently using a phone older than 2 years?

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
Amazing! Which phone is it? And that is nothing to be embarrassed about! Some of us *wish* we could hold onto our devices for that long!

Samsung Galaxy S5, but its constantly begging for space (16GB) version and has couple other issues, but for me i would prefer to upgrade to atleast the 10 series, with the change in fingerprint sensor etc. and that could last me 4yrs good, i'm an I.T Tech so i need a phone that will do my tests and diagnosis when i'm out of office so i'm not moving from Samsung. unfortunately our carriers down here dont offer us those upgrade every year options. we have to buy those flagship phones out right at thousands of dollars. so its tough.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5, but its constantly begging for space (16GB) version and has couple other issues, but for me i would prefer to upgrade to atleast the 10 series, with the change in fingerprint sensor etc. and that could last me 4yrs good, i'm an I.T Tech so i need a phone that will do my tests and diagnosis when i'm out of office so i'm not moving from Samsung. unfortunately our carriers down here dont offer us those upgrade every year options. we have to buy those flagship phones out right at thousands of dollars. so its tough.

The S5 is a good device! Have you checked out the current prices for the S10 line in your area? With the S20 line being out, the S10 and S10e may be up for a decent price!

Mezzanine7

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site
Two years ago, I created this thread. It's incredible that it's still going. I still have my LG V10, running Android 6. The device is still in good condition albeit it began to show signs of wear. Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Galaxy s8 running Android 9.

The differences are striking, I am still attempting to get used to the S8. It has a stellar screen and camera although I do miss the IR blaster and removable battery that was onboard the V10

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Two years ago, I created this thread. It's incredible that it's still going. I still have my LG V10, running Android 6. The device is still in good condition albeit it began to show signs of wear. Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Galaxy s8 running Android 9.

The differences are striking, I am still attempting to get used to the S8. It has a stellar screen and camera although I do miss the IR blaster and removable battery that was onboard the V10

Good quality threads like this one can last for a long time! Those are a couple of good devices you're using! The LG V10 is amazing. I have a coworker who is still using her S8 that she got around its launch. Excellent phone!

edwardv

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6, ordered when it first came out. Carrier is Google Fi. It's flaky sometimes but mostly works okay. Battery has lost capacity, which will likely be the reason I finally replace it.

argi2020

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
I am on a Note 10 Plus, however, when i upgrade to the Note model for September 2021, I will likely keep that one for 4 years. Yes, these things are very expensive.