Anyone else a Facebook page admin?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is being dumb again changing up how pages operate. On one I volunteer for, it now forces admins to post under the page name when we use to be able to post as our personal accounts. It's really handy for separating the official word and our personal opinions in the comment sections.

I've tried going through the help topics, but the closest I've found is one about switching between interacting as my personal profile and page profile in groups. I want to switch interaction profiles on the page itself, and that help topic didn't work anyway. I've tried both on mobile and the Android app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a page admin, and I can still interact as myself (at least on the desktop browser site -- I don't use the FB app on my devices). On the main screen of the page you admin, look for your avatar to the right of the big Promote button (as well as the Search button and 3-dot Other Actions button. There should be a down arrow associated with your avatar, and if you click that, it should give you a Choose How To Interact option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Are you using the new FB interface or the legacy one? (I'm not sure if using the legacy interface is even possible any more.)

I wonder if this is yet another example of FB testing out different interfaces or features (or lack thereof) on different accounts.:-\

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using whatever the mobile browser interface is 99% of the time, which hasn't changed for me, so I guess legacy?

I'm also wondering if this notice has anything to do with it. Again, the help topics were less than helpful. I'm hoping it's just one of those forced beta tester things that will pass.Screenshots_2021-06-21-15-59-00.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Might have to do with the mobile site -- I couldn't find the option there either. Oddly if I tap the avatar pic in the Create Post field, my personal FB information shows up, not the FB Page information. So if I create a post that way, it's not clear if it'll show that the Page posted it, or me personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80