Facebook App Entertainment Pages not loading fully

techsaffy

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I just set up my new phone (S7) and it came with the Facebook app pre installed. When I went to open it is was prompted to update before I could login. So I updated to newest version and logged in. Everything seemed OK until I have tried to access a couple of entertainment pages (for local bars) and all that is loading up it the very top of the page ie name, profile pic and cover pic but nothing below and it doesn't show that anything is still loading. I've tried restarting phone, force stop, resetting the app to factory version and then updating (wont allow me to open it without updating first) but to no avail. Attempting to reach out to Facebook help centre was utterly useless just the usual automated 'thanks for your feedback' response. Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and how to resolve it? Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 1465811367332.jpg
    1465811367332.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and log back in. Still the same problem?

pioneru

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I just set up my new phone (S7) and it came with the Facebook app pre installed. When I went to open it is was prompted to update before I could login. So I updated to newest version and logged in. Everything seemed OK until I have tried to access a couple of entertainment pages (for local bars) and all that is loading up it the very top of the page ie name, profile pic and cover pic but nothing below and it doesn't show that anything is still loading. I've tried restarting phone, force stop, resetting the app to factory version and then updating (wont allow me to open it without updating first) but to no avail. Attempting to reach out to Facebook help centre was utterly useless just the usual automated 'thanks for your feedback' response. Wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and how to resolve it? Thanks very much.

I have the same issue with car related pages on two Motorola phones.

techsaffy

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey thanks for your reply. I just tried what you suggested and unfortunately still having the same issue. Seems to only be on the nightlife pages ie pubs/bars. I just tried accessing the same pages through the browser and having the same problem there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure why this is happening. I just checked that Blue Lounge Redcar page on my mobile browser FB site, and it works fine. Do you have any security app that's installed across all of those devices? Or an ad blocker?

pioneru

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, not sure why this is happening. I just checked that Blue Lounge Redcar page on my mobile browser FB site, and it works fine. Do you have any security app that's installed across all of those devices? Or an ad blocker?
No ad blockers or security apps installed.

techsaffy

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi there sorry it took me a while to get to checking. It happens on my mobile on both WiFi and mobile data connection. I tried it on my laptop and that works fine though. I found that if I also unlike the page I can the see the full contents but if I like it again it goes back to only seeing top of page.

techsaffy

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeh I did send some but just got an automated response. Hopefully they'll look at it for future updates as seems it isn't just me with the issue. Thanks for your help :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci