Anyone else holding out for a dual sim model?

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Sucks that I'm missing out on all kinds of promos and offers right now for pre-ordering just because I need a dual sim model. I even miss out on an additional 10% off on top of the pre-order offers that I would get through work. 10% isn't much but on the price of a $1899+tax Ultra that 10% helps.

Sadly I require a dual sim model for personal and work purposes. I flat out refuse to be one of those people that have to carry around to 2 phones all day, everyday.

Last few years I went through a local smartphone store (Swiftronics) that carries all international models and their dual sim counterparts. Typically they even sell the dual sim models quite often before the standard ones hit shelves. And you can get access to color options not available in North America. But, you do pay a premium for the dual sim unfortunately. I expect a dual sim Ultra to run us here in Canada over $2000 before taxes. Ouch.

Anyway, if anyone comes across any news or online retailers selling the dual sim models please share!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why not get a digital line then? Don't know what carrier you're on, but if on T-Mobile you just add your DIGITs line to your phone and done. If on another carrier, just port your number to a Google Voice line and use that on any phone/device/tablet/browser you want.

American carriers will not carry dual SIM phones, it's just not their market (they'd rather sell two phones to a more affluent market, which is why these are popular abroad and in lower income markets).

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with digital lines unfortunately. Also not sure if we have that option in Canada.

My work sim is with Bell Canada and I don't have the option to switch to another carrier.

danfrancisco

Trusted Member
Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm with you.. Dual Sim is the only way to go for me. Ever since TCL started making dual SIM BBs, I've been hooked. And now that we won't be getting any new BBs anymore, I've turned to Samsung for dual SIM flagships.

I've always bought my dual SIM phones from PDA Plaza but will start checking out Swiftronics. I will never buy a phone from Rogers/Bell/Telus (wouldn't matter anyways since they don't sell dual SIM) so it's good to have grey market options.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping they'd release a dual sim option. Perfect since I have service with 2 separate carriers and don't always feel like carrying multiple phones.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Digits is cool, but it's not without it's flaws. Has majorly improved since a few updates back which is progress.
Why not get a digital line then? Don't know what carrier you're on, but if on T-Mobile you just add your DIGITs line to your phone and done. If on another carrier, just port your number to a Google Voice line and use that on any phone/device/tablet/browser you want.

American carriers will not carry dual SIM phones, it's just not their market (they'd rather sell two phones to a more affluent market, which is why these are popular abroad and in lower income markets).

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
From what I know, the release date in Canada for the standard models is Feb 21st. Based on the previous years I expect that the that the dual sim variants should be also available very soon.

I messaged Swiftronics to see if they had an update. They response was "we are in a meeting with Samsung". And that they are "coming soon". Let's see what happens.

Update:

Noticed PDA Plaza has them listed for pre-order with shipping within 25-35 business days after payment. There's also an 8% off discount code if pre-ordered within the next 2 days. I did the math and with their discount and lower prices, the 512GB Ultra dual sim variant works out to be $517 less than buying the single sim model direct from a retailer like Samsung. That's a sizable discount.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anoyyy