Anyone else try the FM tuner yet?

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
FM Tuner works fantastic for 8 out of the 9 channels it picked up for me in Nashville, but I have not tested it anywhere but my house yet, so I could be in a strong reception area.

Using radius earbuds with built in mic.

mitch10102000

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I've found the problem with the FM Tuner on this phone. They have soldered the antenna to the microphone ring on the 1/8 inch jack instead of the L or R audio output ring. If you use a regular set of headphones, the antenna will be grounded to the phone, which is useless.

The only way to get reception is to use a headset (with microphone). This is definitely a defect of the hardware and won't be able to be fixed using software. Someone in the assembly line definitely messed this one up. Not sure if it affects all phones or not.

By the way, the reason some people are getting reception when pulling the headphones half way out is because you are making contact with the antenna to the R terminal on the headphones as you slide it out of the jack. Try it out once!

I contacted HTC with this information and we'll see how they respond. I'd say there will probably be another version of the hardware on this phone to fix this problem and the weak wi-fi signal.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Reception works fine with any type of headphones I use (Without microphones). I thought it had RDS though? Guess not.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes RDS does kick in and it will say the name of the station or song but around the cities some stations have mutiple frequencies for different parts of the metro...prob why its intermittent the way it is. For a few days it would say "Josad" or something weird like that but now at this moment it says "The Best Var"...

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So I've found the problem with the FM Tuner on this phone. They have soldered the antenna to the microphone ring on the 1/8 inch jack instead of the L or R audio output ring. If you use a regular set of headphones, the antenna will be grounded to the phone, which is useless.

The only way to get reception is to use a headset (with microphone). This is definitely a defect of the hardware and won't be able to be fixed using software. Someone in the assembly line definitely messed this one up. Not sure if it affects all phones or not.

By the way, the reason some people are getting reception when pulling the headphones half way out is because you are making contact with the antenna to the R terminal on the headphones as you slide it out of the jack. Try it out once!

I contacted HTC with this information and we'll see how they respond. I'd say there will probably be another version of the hardware on this phone to fix this problem and the weak wi-fi signal.

I have noticed this as well. With my regular non mic headphones I get no reception period. With 2 of the 3 mic'd headphones I get a good signal, but with the third set (apple headphones) I get nothing unless I pull the plug out to the point right before the phone deactivates the FM tuner (thinks there are no headphones). I just assumed that Apple was using a different configuration instead of the standard scheme (mic-ground-left-right?)

Definitely a bit annoying

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29